Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

2019 Masi giramondo 650b sizing?

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Old 03-02-20, 02:35 PM
moto120

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

looking at a Masi Giramondo. Sizing seems weird. Does anyone own a 2019 Giramondo 650b? I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam. Masi's size chart puts me at the upper end of a Medium Lower end of a large?
I had the same issue with a Breezer radar that turned out to be to big
Purchasing online, so unable to test fit in person.
Any feedback would be helpful.
Old 03-03-20, 04:15 PM
RocThrower

Bikes: Space Horse Disc, Domane SL5 Disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
The size recommendations do look a little funny compared to the geometry chart, but it looks like these bikes are designed for a more upright riding position. It also looks like they also designed the bikes with long top tubes to be paired with shorter stems. If you have a bike that fits well, you could try to compare your bike's reach plus the stem length, and compare that to the Medium and Large reach and stem numbers. FWIW, I have similar proportions as you, and I would most likely go with the Medium over the Large.
Old 03-05-20, 02:12 PM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 660 Times in 276 Posts
Originally Posted by moto120
looking at a Masi Giramondo. Sizing seems weird. Does anyone own a 2019 Giramondo 650b? I am 5'10" with a 30" inseam. Masi's size chart puts me at the upper end of a Medium Lower end of a large?
I had the same issue with a Breezer radar that turned out to be to big
Purchasing online, so unable to test fit in person.
Any feedback would be helpful.
I had a medium and it worked fine. I'm 5'9" with 31" inseam....
Old 07-27-20, 10:02 AM
NormanF

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I’m 5’7” 30 inch inseam and I generally ride medium. Bike sizing today more accurately fits given height for a given bike build.
Old 08-02-20, 12:36 PM
intransit1217

Bikes: 2 Masi giramondo

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Fwiw, I’m 6.0 running the large frame with stock stem and 32 inseam. Love both my ‘ mondos.
Old 01-22-21, 07:44 PM
bigfern

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reviving this thread as I just impulsively bought a 2019 Masi Giramondo 27.5 sight unseen after searching for a gravel/adventure bike for MONTHS and never finding anything I want in my size. Covid shortage is real.
I've had my eye on this bike because it looks great and checks a lot of boxes based off what I've read so when I saw a shop in Texas had an XS stocked I decided to jump on it.
My question is, I am 5'1" and am a little paranoid that even the XS might be a little tall despite the shop owner confirming that my height was in the range specified for that frame size. I don't have my inseam handy but I am pretty proportionate shorty. Bike ships next wednesday. Do yall think I'm gonna be disappointed? And what can I do if the standover height is a little too spicy for me? Smaller wheels? Orthopedics?
Old 01-23-21, 09:04 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10902 Post(s)
Liked 7,393 Times in 4,148 Posts
Originally Posted by bigfern
Reviving this thread as I just impulsively bought a 2019 Masi Giramondo 27.5 sight unseen after searching for a gravel/adventure bike for MONTHS and never finding anything I want in my size. Covid shortage is real.
I've had my eye on this bike because it looks great and checks a lot of boxes based off what I've read so when I saw a shop in Texas had an XS stocked I decided to jump on it.
My question is, I am 5'1" and am a little paranoid that even the XS might be a little tall despite the shop owner confirming that my height was in the range specified for that frame size. I don't have my inseam handy but I am pretty proportionate shorty. Bike ships next wednesday. Do yall think I'm gonna be disappointed? And what can I do if the standover height is a little too spicy for me? Smaller wheels? Orthopedics?
Standover for XS- 777mm (30.6")
https://archive.harobikes.com/masi/2...ondo-27-5-2019

Nobody here knows if you will fit it or be disappointed. The standover is shown above- if that doesn't work for you then perhaps it isnt the right bike.

The XS certainly has a tall stack and long reach for what I would call an XS bike, but I ride the opposite end of the spectrum so what do I know. Just compare your current bike(s) stack and reach to see if it is close enough.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 01-25-21, 06:56 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3638 Post(s)
Liked 5,316 Times in 2,701 Posts
^^^ Yep, that's all you need to determine if stand over will work for you. Time for the tape measure.