Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Here I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-20, 04:30 PM
T04STED

Bikes: Norco Valence Carbon, Surly Cross Check

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good day. It's raining here pretty hard right now so it's a good time to introduce myself. I cycle in spurts..over months and years.

I'm 60, and I got my first bike when I was 5. I got a crappy 24 inch Glider 10 speed when I was 13, and moved along from there. When I was 17 I built up a Raleigh Professional frame that my cousin gave me (that was no doubt stolen) and rode the heck out of it for about 10 years, but I quit cycling for quite a while. I tried MTBing for a while but tore my shoulder on a bad fall, and quit that too. I bought a Miele Chic in about 1990 and started road riding again, but then parenthood got in the way, as did chronic back pain. I went to a Burley recumbent for a while to deal with the back pain. Then I quit riding for a while again. And a couple of years ago I picked up a Surly Cross Check, and got going again, but I didn't click well with that bike...so this spring when arthritis in my knees kicked in I decided cycling was the best way to strengthen my knees so I bought a Norco Carbon Valence and do 1-2 hour rides 3-4 times a week. I like this bike a lot, I should stick with this for a while. I'm also tweaking the Surly in hopes I might actually use it for rail trail rides and bikepacking, right now I'm replacing the barcons with brifters (once the stores open tomorrow and I can get new cables).

Sorry for being wordy, eh?
Old 08-04-20, 05:33 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy!