Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Late 70s Exxon Graftek

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-23, 10:33 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeRTown
I am not sure where you are coming from. I picked up this frame 40 years ago in Tokyo

scroll up to the very first post
Old 06-22-23, 10:50 AM
Oldguyonoldbike

Bikes: Casati Laser, Colnago Tecnos, Ciöcc Exige, Black Mountain Cycles Road

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 78 Posts
Originally Posted by DMC707
Lol

I actually wound up with this frameset 5 years ago and sold it to RobbieTunes As part of a package deal with a coppi frameset.

Interesting frame and I would have enjoyed building it up and trying it out if I had had a proper campagnolo record or Dura ace ax group set

OP was a real piece of work though. Dude if you are still checking in and reading any of these, you still owe me $800 for the DeRosa that you pulled a “I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today!” With me

This was five years ago so I don’t feel it is bad karma mentioning it anymore. But at least the druggie who broke into my warehouse a couple of months ago did not shake my hand and tell me He would give me some money on Friday.
I fell for it because the fellow asked if he could drop it off at his shop to get it faced and aligned in the interim. Guy seemed sincere enough

oh well. I will add that every other transaction or interaction I’ve had with a bike forum member either before or after that has been universally positive though, so 1 bad experience out of probably 100 is good odds still, And I realize that I am pretty slow when it comes to packing and shipping things too myself And everybody I have dealt with has been very kind to me even with that admission

That said, It’s worth a new thread and I probably will with the other parties permission but one of my warehouse bikes showed up two hours away. I was honestly overjoyed to know that it’s in the hands of a forum member here and we have worked out an equitable arrangement for him to just keep it. It was a bike that was a little big for me that I had tried to sell before, but it is a beautiful machine and I am very glad it wound up with one of us
The bike in the original post also passed through my hands. An old college friend of mine called me up because he knew I was interested in vintage bikes. An old friend he raced with in the 70's had given him this bike along with an assortment of parts. The Graftek had belonged to the racing buddy's mother. Anyhow, I took the parts that I could use and gave away the rest, including the fully built Graftek - it only seemed right, since it had been given to me. Sorry to hear that the OP turned out to be such a jerk. I tend to assume that cyclists are decent people and it irks me when that turns out not to be the case.