Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

1984 Nishiki Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-23, 10:49 AM
Cirdan8

Bikes: 1984 Nishiki Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1984 Nishiki Sport

I picked up this bike at a thrift store for $5 and was curious how good a deal it was. I'll post photos when the forum lets me. Lot of surface rust across the drivetrain but nothing too bad. Trying to figure out how to take the Suntour AR drivetrain apart also so I can do a legitimate cleaning and rebuild, but there's not master link to the chain. Any advice is appreciated on it, thanks!
Old 08-05-23, 09:12 PM
Cirdan8

Bikes: 1984 Nishiki Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you!
Old 08-06-23, 02:22 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,927 Times in 1,492 Posts
Originally Posted by Cirdan8
Thank you!

Look on the youtubes for videos on using that tool, don't push the pin all the way out.

It was probably an OK deal, would you have paid $20 for it? $10? If not $5 is the going rate for this bike

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 08-16-23, 12:48 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
Sport models were code for low end. Surely worth $5. Few if any bike chains will have a master link. I've bought at least 750 bikes over the years, and I have never seen one. Newer bikes used quick links, kind of like a master link but better. Those take a special tool to remove.
Old 08-20-23, 08:28 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
BITD we called the best bikes a "two finger bike". That's because you could put two fingers in the middle of the top tube & lift the bike off the ground with no effort. That meant the bike weighed around 21 pounds or less. Some high end Italian bikes weighed around 20 pounds back then.

Look for bikes with frame tags that call out Columbus, Tange, Reynolds ..........................."Reynolds double butted 531", "Columbus SLX", "Tange 1" "Ishiwata"

Forget about the rest. Nothing else comes close.

RAMZILLA