Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

De Rosa Help!

Old 11-23-20, 08:21 PM
Mattdiano

Bikes: '83 Pinarello Super Record,'83 De Rosa Professional, '84 Guerciotti GLX7600, '91 Merckx Corsa Extra, 2004 Pinarello Dogma AK61 Magnesium, '13 Colnago World Cup, '14 Cinelli Experience, '16 DeRosa Planet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
De Rosa Help!

Not sure if a 2000 De Rosa qualifies as C&V? I picked this up, was told it was a 54cm and built in 2000. It measures 52cm C to T. There is a stamp on the BB that has "LB" and then "744" under that. Anyone have an idea what those number mean?
My apologies if this is too new, and riles anyone. . Oh also, any idea on that sticker on the inside of the chainstay that says "Built by" and then it looks like "Todd Hunter"? Google isn't turning anything up.

Old 11-24-20, 06:21 PM
jiangshi
Banned.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 514 Post(s)
Liked 270 Times in 172 Posts
Nice build, in great shape. No idea on the serial #, the 'built by' is probably a mechanic at the shop that sold/built it.

Cool stem great wheels, nice group in great shape.
Likes For jiangshi:
Old 11-24-20, 07:59 PM
Mattdiano

Bikes: '83 Pinarello Super Record,'83 De Rosa Professional, '84 Guerciotti GLX7600, '91 Merckx Corsa Extra, 2004 Pinarello Dogma AK61 Magnesium, '13 Colnago World Cup, '14 Cinelli Experience, '16 DeRosa Planet

Originally Posted by jiangshi
Nice build, in great shape. No idea on the serial #, the 'built by' is probably a mechanic at the shop that sold/built it.

Cool stem great wheels, nice group in great shape.
Thanks man! I sooo wish the frame fit me. This is one of my favorite "newer" frames. I took her down to just the frame, BB and headset today and am putting her up for sale. The Campy components are going on my Colnago Arte, and I am going to have to figure out what to do with the wheels. They are sooo nice, but already have two sets of high end wheels, so I *should* sell them, but damn they are sexy!! I appreciate the feedback, just wish i could know a little more about the frame; but it will be a fun mission for the new owner!
Old 11-25-20, 05:19 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Bummer about it being too small
Old 11-25-20, 05:59 PM
Mattdiano

Originally Posted by DMC707
Bummer about it being too small
SUCH a bummer! But....I just picked up this beauty!! Only problem, broken rear dropout. Apparently Ruckus in Oregon can fix it, so she is getting boxed up and sent out!! This is going to be even more beautiful than the other Planet!