Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fixed Gear Freestyle
Reload this Page >

Should I commit to buying one?

Search
Notices
Fixed Gear Freestyle Trickbikes and Freestylers, here's your home! Here, you can discuss the ins and outs of building and riding these bikes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-20, 03:20 AM
mhb661

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello, I’m 18yo and still in high school. I’m also a bigger guy (6’3” 270lbs). I have a job and make decent money for still being in high school and have no bills to pay
I have a fixie in my garage that I’ve had since 12yo, but now it’s too small and has two flats. I haven’t rode in a while, but I wanted to get back into riding my bike around town. I’m because it’s too small and I’m a bigger guy, should I sell my current bike to buy a new one (would also like some good, cheap suggestions), or should I get newer parts for the one I already have?
Old 04-13-20, 07:45 AM
Rage
Space Ghost

Bikes: Bridgestone, Fuji, Iro, Jamis, Gary Fisher, GT, Scott, Specialized and more

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 318 Posts
Howdy, any progress since you posted?
Hoping you went with a frame that fits you better if so.
Old 04-16-20, 04:35 PM
Thetank

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If it's too small you'll just end up hating riding it. Invest in a new bike, if as you say you have the budget, there's tons of companies selling complete bikes for around $500 if you can afford that.