Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Nordictrack Bike

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Nordictrack Bike

Old 04-27-20, 07:46 AM
deapee
Ride On!

Bikes: Allez DSW SL Sprint | Fuji Cross

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Nordictrack Bike

Has anyone ever used one? My wife and I got a Nordictrack s22i (she already has a treadmill, and thus we pay for the family ifit account, etc).

Do you find the workouts hard enough?

I guess I like the workouts, but there just seems to be a lot of trial and error - either the workout is too easy (or I'm assuming it will be too hard if I select a higher intensity because I'm out of shape currently).
I *really* like how trainerroad would test your FTP with the RAMP test - and then base your target wattages off your calculated FTP. The hard days are HARD, and the over/under intervals really hit the zones right on the head for me.

I feel I always got the best results from those over/under long 20 minute intervals hovering right under your FTP. I don't feel like that type of training is going to be possible on this Nordictrack. Let me know if you've tried it and gotten accustomed to it -- does it have any features like that? Thanks.
Old 04-27-20, 12:29 PM
HeyItsSara
Meet me at spin class!!!!

Bikes: Precor recumbant indoor bike, Stages bike at Equinox gym

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 53 Posts
I had one of their recumbents years ago and liked it, but my family felt it wasn't much of a workout and we eventually ditched it.
Old 04-27-20, 04:04 PM
deapee
Ride On!

Bikes: Allez DSW SL Sprint | Fuji Cross

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
So I messed around today and - it definitely will be hard enough.

I wish they’d add some type of ftp training though, and have an erg mode. Maybe they do and I haven’t found it yet.
Old 10-19-20, 09:20 AM
LongIsland

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wife has a Nordictrack Commercial VU-19 that's being delivered within a week or two. Unfortunately they won't put it together in your home, in fact will only bring it to your front door step. Given COVID-19 I accepted that restriction when placing the order.

I live on Long Island, NY (Suffolk County) and was searching to find someone who will assemble the bike for me - in our home. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

In advance - thanks.
Old 10-19-20, 11:03 AM
pinsonp2 

Bikes: 2008 Trek 2.1 WSD, 2010 Specialized Amira Elite, 2011 Trek Madone 5.2 WSD

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Check out freight delivery companies in your area, I had a nordicktrack treadmill delivered a year ago with the white glove delivery. A local delivery/moving company delivered to my basement and installed/assembled. My s22i is being delivered on Wednesday and I have hired the company from last year to take to basement and assemble.

Good luck
Old 10-19-20, 02:30 PM
LongIsland

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pinsonp2
Check out freight delivery companies in your area, I had a nordicktrack treadmill delivered a year ago with the white glove delivery. A local delivery/moving company delivered to my basement and installed/assembled. My s22i is being delivered on Wednesday and I have hired the company from last year to take to basement and assemble.

Good luck
As of yet I don't have the shipper's name. But I'll keep bugging NordicTrack. Great idea.

Her machine has to go up one flight of stairs.

We also have two bicycle shops nearby that I'm going to try.

Thanks for the response.
Old 10-23-20, 07:34 PM
ericcox
Trying to keep up

Bikes: Pinarello Prince, Orbea Onix, Ridley Fenix

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by deapee
So I messed around today and - it definitely will be hard enough.

I wish they’d add some type of ftp training though, and have an erg mode. Maybe they do and I haven’t found it yet.
Interesting - we almost got the Norditrac, but ended up with the new Peloton+. Peloton now has has power training classes and a few different FTP test options. Does the Norditrac give instantaneous power readings? If so, you could do a free ride with a basic ramp test to figure out a rough ftp and use it to guide your workouts. If the Norditrac has interval classes, you could then use power to guide you.

How do you like the scenic rides? That has been a mild disappointment on the Peloton as there is no terrain tracking. Though my wife and son both love that :-). It was the scenic rides that had me advocating for the s22, though I clearly lost.

ETA just saw how old the original post was. Still curious about your s22 experience.