Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bont riot + side pressure

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-18, 04:26 PM
Teamprovicycle
Banned

Bikes: Specialized tarmac sl2 giant tcx zero

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I got some bont riot plus shoes a few days ago the fit pretty fine BUT there is this ridiculous pressure points on the side of my shoes near the middle around under the boa anchor point .
i tried molding them 4 times in a row but they feel so much worse in that area .
the rest of the areas in the shoe fit great toes have room , heel is solid , closure is tight .
anyone esle get this issue?
Old 12-31-18, 12:20 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Liked 681 Times in 404 Posts
If the pain is close to the little toe, it may be a 'tailor's bunion.'
Old 12-31-18, 05:42 PM
Teamprovicycle
Banned

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Its more just like before my toes just an annoying pressure when i stand in them. They fit mostly fine . you can feel a ridge of carbon that runs along the out side of each foot ..
Old 12-31-18, 06:34 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Liked 1,363 Times in 868 Posts
wedge the cleat so the shoe is angled?
Old 12-31-18, 08:17 PM
Teamprovicycle
Banned

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I ended up putting my pearl shoes inserts in them it seems to help maybe i need some wide thick insoles to make the shoes work .
Old 12-27-19, 11:47 AM
1Lieutenant

Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would reply with my technique.

I bought the Vaypor + shoe with the ideas I would have a custom molded rigid shoe. After heating and wearing four times, it became clear I could not make these comfortable. Always had pain on the lateral border of both feet. Riding was tolerable, walking not so much.
Considering the expense, I decided to buy some wooden shoe stretchers that i found on Amazon. Houndsbay (expensive)
I heated the shoes in the oven until they reached the proper temperature for 20 minutes. Removed the shoes from the oven and placed the shoe stretcher in the shoe with the appropriate buttons for pressure points. I gently expanded the stretcher until I met moderate resistance and then put the entire assembly back in the oven to ensure the carbon epoxy sole was at the at the correct moldable temperature. Maybe 10 more minutes. I removed the shoe assembly, tightened a bit more and left to cool for several hours.

I removed the stretcher and replaced the insole to find a completely comfortable shoe! When riding and walking they have no pressure spots but still retain that incredible rigid sole.
Likes For 1Lieutenant: