Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Problems with website

Old 06-12-18, 09:00 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Post Quote notifications???

I am suddenly getting my email inbox flooded with these notifications. Is there a way to turn this off?
Thanks.

(otherwise I like the new software. )
Old 06-12-18, 09:07 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
On second thought I don't think there's any more today than there are normally. Must be feeling overwhelmed.

I'd still like to know if there's a way to turn off these notifications. Thanks.
Old 06-13-18, 09:27 AM
IBThomas
Banned.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
On second thought I don't think there's any more today than there are normally. Must be feeling overwhelmed.

I'd still like to know if there's a way to turn off these notifications. Thanks.
If you go into User CP and then 'Edit Options' there should be a variety of options that allow you to pick and choose what you receive notifications for.
Old 11-27-18, 11:55 PM
Bizman

Bikes: 2014 Carbon Quest XS (Velomobile), 2014 Catrike Road (Trike), 2013 Easy Motion Max 700+ PCS (E-bike), 2011 Lynskey R340 (Road), 2011 Surly Moonlander (Fatty), 2010 Santa Cruise Tallboy (Full Suspension)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Just a quick note that this site still does not work right. Same problems as before, very frustrating and slow too. As was mentioned earlier I believe the adds have allot to do with it but I am no computer wiz so that's just a guess?
Old 11-28-18, 12:04 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
1. Titanium Club membership is not expensive and no ads (while signed in).
2. Mobile or PC?
3. OS/browser?

It really does matter when diagnosing and trying to cure the problem.
Old 12-01-18, 11:46 PM
Bizman

Bikes: 2014 Carbon Quest XS (Velomobile), 2014 Catrike Road (Trike), 2013 Easy Motion Max 700+ PCS (E-bike), 2011 Lynskey R340 (Road), 2011 Surly Moonlander (Fatty), 2010 Santa Cruise Tallboy (Full Suspension)

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Do not have membership

mobile ipad

safari

my computer locks up only when using this site to the point I have to close the browser and start over. As much as I like this site I don't know if it's worth trying to keep using it. I would surely miss it,
Old 12-02-18, 01:00 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
I realize that you prefer an Apple product, but have to tried to access the site using an Android device? I make no claims about the results but...

I have seen a good sized number of these problems in the past where the member is using Apple products, even it that's not the entire reason. Safari and also Opera have never seemed to be happy here, although I can also suspect that you may not have any malware protection as well.

The IT staff can only do so much, it's not only the website's fault, nor is it completely true that 'it only happens on this site'. I would stress that you need to try some adjustments, get a popup blocker or something, some security app and shore up your device. There is really nothing special about Apple over anything else, it's not immune to malware, it's made of the same 0s and 1s anything else is.

If you like it, secure it. This platform is used on several websites owned by BF's parent company, it should do exactly the same thing there but will also be fine if you are set up correctly and protected.

Does that help? I use a PC but the tenets are exactly the same.
Old 12-04-18, 04:03 PM
IBThomas
Banned.

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You can also try clearing your cache and cookies.