Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Great, Inexpensive, DIY Bike Stand

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Great, Inexpensive, DIY Bike Stand

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-24, 01:10 AM
Camilo

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
That home made one is one of the best I've seen.

I have a Park stand for home and have been using a Top Peak Flash Stand for about 5 years on the road - works great once you get the hang of it. I usually put it up on a picnic table or something but it can be used on the ground. VERY portable, folded it fits into the little tool bag I keep with the bikes when I'm traveling.

Likes For Camilo:
Old 01-07-24, 10:21 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 333 Posts
Topeak Flash Stand: Not a tripod, so must work in conjunction with one wheel on the ground. Perhaps bike can be tipped either fore or aft, but with the stand having a clip *over* the down tube, it must be designed to have the front wheel on the ground; With the back wheel on the ground and the legs swept forward, it would unload the clip. Most of the tricky service needs the back wheel in the air and not the front. But that definitely would not work for my bike without first removing the rear panniers and trunk bag at minimum, otherwise it will be too back-heavy. And if I do that, I can simply over-lower the seatpost (below ground level) on my folder, drop the kickstand, and have the exact same thing. I'm still liking the folding handlebar tripods, to invert the bike. I could also loosen and swing up the long bar-ends (would be easier to loosen the handlebar clamp and just swing the whole bar up, but then the clip-on aero-bar would stick up above the bar-ends, not stable).