Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Performer Duet

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Performer Duet

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-14, 05:07 PM
qspencer

Bikes: VeloBuild VB-R-027 (road), Miracle Bikes MC-286 (cyclocross), 1986 Raleigh Olympian, X-Peria 5200 (tandem)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Performer Duet

Has anyone here ever heard of the Performer Duet Tandem? I recently noticed someone on eBay offering one for about $1900 USD, and the bike looks interesting to me, but the seller is in Australia. Google turned up this page from the Taiwanese company that makes them. It looks like they are primarily a maker of recumbents. The bike is an aluminum frame with Tiagra components, which is quite similar to the KHS Milano in the same price range, but I think I like the frame design of the Performer better. I'm curious whether anyone is aware of US dealers that might sell these.
Old 05-16-14, 05:52 PM
WPH

Bikes: 2015 Apollo Syncro tandem, 2006 Scott CR1 SL (still a beastie race bike), 1993 Trek T200, 2006 Fuji Absolute Le, 2000 Thorn Club Tour

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question. Graham Smith, a bloke from Canberra who posts often on Crazyguyonabike has a Performer bike and says it's very good.

Looking at the Performer Duet, the frame seems quite small, the Milanos come in larger sizes too. In Australia we'd probably punt for a 2013 Apollo Syncro 700 in this category - 105 and only $150 more on RRP.

The gumtree advert for the Duet says they'll post to most countries. Remarkable value is to be had in terms of sending bikes all over the world, it appears, eg Ribble will post a road bike UK to Australia for $150, which makes a 105 triple-equipped Sportive 365 a bargain!

Good luck!
Old 12-26-17, 10:42 PM
kevrider

Bikes: way too many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
has anyone here gained experience with these bikes over the last three years? we are new to the tandem market and the Performer has some appeal.

https://www.performercycles.com/new/p...5c9abf6ade6b58
Old 01-12-20, 07:43 PM
kevrider

Bikes: way too many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
they have released a carbon version of this bike... has anyone ridden one of their tandems?
https://www.performercycles.com/tand...kes-duet-700c/
Old 07-15-20, 04:14 PM
mikebp

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Performer Duet...anyone any one at all?

From anecdotal data and specs seems like a decent lightweight tandem well equipped.

Need to here from anyone that rides one and/or has any experience with them.

Thanks
Old 02-14-21, 08:09 AM
mddobbs

Bikes: Comotion Primera

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Performer Carbon Tandem

Originally Posted by mikebp
From anecdotal data and specs seems like a decent lightweight tandem well equipped.

Need to here from anyone that rides one and/or has any experience with them.

Thanks
Also interested if anyone has tried the carbon tandem from this source.
Old 02-14-21, 02:37 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
I have two Performer bicycles. Both recumbents. Performer is primarily a recumbent maker under their own name but they make frames and bikes for a number of world brands. Here is my Highracer and here is our Tandem. I don't think it is available anymore. The styling of the Duet is not to my taste, but the Carbon version ... what's not to like. As far as I know there is only one American importer of the Performer products, RBR. They are in the Midwest somewhere. However, the majority of Performer customers worldwide deal directly with the factory and this saves money and is faster than you would imagine. All that said, if it was a recumbent tandem being considered, I'd get the interest in Performer. For a DF tandem I'd need to know the price of the Duet first. I have to think there are domestic alternatives (Cannondale?) that would be available to test ride. Both my Performers were a leap of faith. FWIW.
Old 02-14-21, 06:31 PM
act0fgod

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac Pro, Bilenky Coupled Tandem, Calfee Tetra Tandem

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
For a DF tandem I'd need to know the price of the Duet first. I have to think there are domestic alternatives (Cannondale?) that would be available to test ride. Both my Performers were a leap of faith. FWIW.
$3800 for their ultegra equipped groupset seems to be a pretty darn good deal for a full carbon tandem.
Carbon Tandem bikes Duet 700c – Performer Cycles