Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Tour de Heifer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-19, 10:30 AM
tsmorr

Bikes: Rossin SLX; Miyata Team Track; Fat Chance Kicker; Austro-Daimler Inter 10; Geekhouse Mudville

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Tour de Heifer?

Anybody else here riding one of the Tour de Heifer routes next weekend out of Brattleboro, Vermont?

Hits some of the same territory as D2R2.

As long as the people I'm supposed to ride with don't bail I'm gonna do the 30, if they bail, probably the 60.

https://www.strollingoftheheifers.com/tour/
Old 06-03-19, 03:45 AM
Greenhil

Bikes: 2018 Kona Rove NRB, 2121 Kona Libre

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by tsmorr
Anybody else here riding one of the Tour de Heifer routes next weekend out of Brattleboro, Vermont?

Hits some of the same territory as D2R2.

As long as the people I'm supposed to ride with don't bail I'm gonna do the 30, if they bail, probably the 60.

https://www.strollingoftheheifers.com/tour/
I went back and forth on trying the 60, which would be a real test (for me), but we’re finally gonna have several days of good weather over the weekend, so I decided to go camping and riding in the Northeast Kingdom. Instead I might ride RAS later this month: https://www.bikereg.com/ras-adventure-ride-10krun-run

Let us know how the Strolling ride goes either way, but especially the 60. 7,000+ ft of climbing!
Old 06-03-19, 07:09 AM
tsmorr

Bikes: Rossin SLX; Miyata Team Track; Fat Chance Kicker; Austro-Daimler Inter 10; Geekhouse Mudville

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Huh, that RAS looks tempting, maybe I'll check with my wife about our plans that weekend.

I'm actually just signed up for the 30 mile one, my daughter's friend's dad wanted to ride it, but he wasn't up for the 60 (unless he bails, in which case I might go ride the 60 by myself). I rode the 60 four years ago, it was definitely a challenging course, but with a fair amount of relatively flat dirt riding on Green River Rd (D2R2 hits part of the same road, but going in the opposite direction). That said, they said they changed the 60 mile route to keep it entirely in Vermont (used to go down into Northfield MA before turning around), so presumably my past experience isn't relevant, or is less relevant anyway.

As it happens I rode the 30 mile course once as well, but informally with a group out of the local bikeshop.

Enjoy the NEK! Certainly looks like we're in for a few days of drier weather, which will be a nice change from the weekly soaking. Somehow it always the day before I help wrangle a bunch of elementary school kids on MTBs, which means not going in the trails in the school woods, which means complainy 5th graders.
Old 06-09-19, 12:58 PM
tsmorr

Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rode the "30" mile route as planned. Pretty pleasant to take it slow, nice scenery, etc.
Likes For tsmorr: