Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Software update: 4/18/19

Old 05-01-19, 07:08 PM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1398 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
This has now happened 2/3 times for me.

On mobile, if you tab away while writing a post and then come back, it wipes your comment completely and you have to start over.

Samsung S9, Chrome 73.0.3683.90
Old 05-01-19, 10:57 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Mentioned: 207 Post(s)
Quoted: 1036 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 653 Posts
Major complaint with new software

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it's TOO EASY to hit the wrong keys and all of my post is LOST!

It used to be that the post was saved as I typed and if I got blown out of the thread, I could come back in and there was a button at the right hand bottom of the window that said something like "Restore Previous Text".

I have big, clumsy fingers and I've lost several hours of writing since the software has changed.

Maybe there is something I'm missing?

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Old 05-01-19, 11:35 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 817 Times in 420 Posts
Originally Posted by verktyg
I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it's TOO EASY to hit the wrong keys and all of my post is LOST!

It used to be that the post was saved as I typed and if I got blown out of the thread, I could come back in and there was a button at the right hand bottom of the window that said something like "Restore Previous Text".

I have big, clumsy fingers and I've lost several hours of writing since the software has changed.

verktyg
Me too, it's very irritating. It happens mainly when posting photos, and trying to go back to the text area. The auto save used to be a way to get back. Seems to be broken now. Isn't there a better place for "happy" users to comment on software "upgrades"? 😉
Old 05-01-19, 11:59 PM
bwilli88 
Not lost wanderer.

Bikes: In USA; 73 Raleigh Super Course dingle speed, 72 Raleigh Gran Sport SS, 72 Geoffry Butler, 81 Centurion Pro-Tour, 74 Gugie Grandier Sportier

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Liked 979 Times in 514 Posts
I think if you go to the advanced page, it saves for you.
Old 05-02-19, 07:37 AM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
Me too, it's very irritating. It happens mainly when posting photos, and trying to go back to the text area. The auto save used to be a way to get back. Seems to be broken now. Isn't there a better place for "happy" users to comment on software "upgrades"? 😉
This. Also, don't go assuming you can just go back & edit any small errors. The text gets lost, because the photo looks gigantic, when you hit the edit page.
And don't tell us where to complain "properly", lol. 😉
Old 05-02-19, 08:37 AM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1102 Post(s)
Liked 2,135 Times in 1,440 Posts
Moving this thread of Major Complaint with New Software under Forum Suggestions and User Assistance and the Software Update thread. This is so the right people are aware of all the issues and can address them.
Old 05-03-19, 06:07 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1980s DeRosa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA SBDU Team Pro

Proper place to bring up an issue

Originally Posted by StanSeven
Moving this thread of Major Complaint with New Software under Forum Suggestions and User Assistance and the Software Update thread. This is so the right people are aware of all the issues and can address them.
I posted muy message in the C&V forum for 2 reasons:

1. To get a moderator's attention concerning a problem. I was not able to find a link to send a message to "the moderators".

2. So that other members with the same problem could chime in and let the moderators know that there is a problem. I imagine that most forum members aren't aware of the "Forum Suggestions and User Assistance and the Software Update thread". I certainly wasn't.

I learned binary at age 7 in 1951 and I had backdoor access to CMU's IBM 360 mainframe in the late 60's so I'm not a digital newbie.

Accidentally hitting the wrong keys blows me out of the message and all of my work is gone! It happened to me last night and the night before.

Regards

Chas. "verktyg"

Chas. ;-)

Old 05-03-19, 07:30 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts

verktyg
Originally Posted by Flatballer
This has now happened 2/3 times for me.

On mobile, if you tab away while writing a post and then come back, it wipes your comment completely and you have to start over.

Samsung S9, Chrome 73.0.3683.90
I posted muy message in the C&V forum for 2 reasons:

1. To get a moderator's attention concerning a problem. I was not able to find a link to send a message to "the moderators".

2. So that other members with the same problem could chime in and let the moderators know that there is a problem. I imagine that most forum members aren't aware of the "Forum Suggestions and User Assistance and the Software Update thread". I certainly wasn't.

I learned binary at age 7 in 1951 and I had backdoor access to CMU's IBM 360 mainframe in the late 60's so I'm not a digital newbie.

Accidentally hitting the wrong keys blows me out of the message and all of my work is gone! It happened to me last night and the night before.

Regards

Chas. "verktyg"
Originally Posted by stardognine
This. Also, don't go assuming you can just go back & edit any small errors. The text gets lost, because the photo looks gigantic, when you hit the edit page.
And don't tell us where to complain "properly", lol. 😉
Originally Posted by Slightspeed
I will check into this with tech and see what is happening and give an update.

@verktyg if you post something in the wrong place, a moderator will move it to the correct place. Rest assured, our mod team sees everything and is extremely diligent. Other members can chime in here instead of on a thread that has no relevance with a tech issue that someone is experiencing. It is just like the other threads-- you find the thread you are looking for and post in there.
Old 05-05-19, 09:26 PM
verktyg 
verktyg

Originally Posted by IBRyan
I will check into this with tech and see what is happening and give an update.

@verktyg if you post something in the wrong place, a moderator will move it to the correct place. Rest assured, our mod team sees everything and is extremely diligent. Other members can chime in here instead of on a thread that has no relevance with a tech issue that someone is experiencing. It is just like the other threads-- you find the thread you are looking for and post in there.
Problem with "LOST" entries fixed.

THANK YOU!

verktyg

Chas. ;-)

Likes For verktyg:
Old 05-06-19, 05:34 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
@verktyg You do realize that you can report yourself and you aren't going to ban yourself...right? Might be faster than a PM.

We all do things like that now and then, as long as it's not as embarrassing as putting foot itch creme on a wound instead of triple antibiotic (yes, I actually did and the person waiting for me wasn't happy)....
Old 05-12-19, 06:25 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

BTW Ya know that when I click under my avatar for Likes etc they don't show MY likes or even my posts?

It's like I push the diet Dr. Pepper button and get tea.
Old 05-13-19, 10:00 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Originally Posted by Rollfast
BTW Ya know that when I click under my avatar for Likes etc they don't show MY likes or even my posts?

It's like I push the diet Dr. Pepper button and get tea.
that is interesting because I just did it and it linked me to your posts and the posts you liked?
Old 05-13-19, 10:41 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4194 Post(s)
Liked 2,911 Times in 1,780 Posts
that is interesting because I just did it and it linked me to your posts and the posts you liked?
But what happens when you click the links under your own picture? I think that's what he's saying is the problem.

Edit: That's not a problem for me either.
Old 05-13-19, 11:08 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Originally Posted by himespau
But what happens when you click the links under your own picture? I think that's what he's saying is the problem.

Edit: That's not a problem for me either.
When I click the likes links under my own picture, it links me to my posts or to the posts I have liked.
Old 05-15-19, 10:06 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

@hazetguy we are currently working on a skin upgrade.
Old 05-15-19, 10:46 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Originally Posted by hazetguy
Not a worry for me, just letting the higher ups know it is still happening.
We appreciate that. Rest assured, we are constantly thinking of ways to improve the site and fix any bugs.
Old 05-19-19, 10:16 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Did I like all of those? Is that what that is? I thought it was supposed to be all the post I made that were liked. OVERLOAD.
Old 05-20-19, 09:56 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Did I like all of those? Is that what that is? I thought it was supposed to be all the post I made that were liked. OVERLOAD.
Those are the posts that you have liked @Rollfast
Old 05-21-19, 11:03 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

I don't need to know that, I already liked them.
Old 05-22-19, 12:32 AM
JoeTBM 
Droid on a mission

Bikes: Diamondback Wildwood Classic

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 191 Posts
Maybe in case you want to "unlike" them

Old 05-22-19, 02:29 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

I figure that they would really have to do something truly rash or if they were banned it wouldn't matter anyway.

Have you ever looked at my friends list? I rarely bother with that anymore and few ever ask either. Some things are meaningless anymore.
Old 05-22-19, 04:33 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Those are the posts that you have liked @Rollfast
FWIW, for me, the LIKES link is a handy index of posts that I might like to quote later, even though,
Originally Posted by goldensprocket
...I now return you to your obsessive underlining, quoting, re-quoting, re-re-quoting and posting as if those compulsive exercises lend any credence to the pap that emanates from your keyboard.
Originally Posted by Lemond1985
He's the 600 paragraph (nested quote) Gorilla in the Room. A true BF heavyweight. Ignore him at your own peril.
Originally Posted by Maelochs
great ... Jim from D'uh knows his stuff ... but is he a giant unleashed porcupine? Does he wave?...
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Never forget this ... on a smooth surface, Jim from D'uh can out-dance any of us.

Not bad for a waving or a wave-free porcupine .....

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-22-19 at 04:48 AM.
Likes For Jim from Boston:
Old 05-22-19, 06:34 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7628 Post(s)
Liked 3,448 Times in 1,822 Posts
Jim from Boston, the twinkle-toed 600-paragraph gorilla with the room full of bikes.

This is what you whole life up until now has led to.
Old 05-22-19, 09:35 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

@Jim from Boston - I am glad that you like the likes link!
Old 05-26-19, 06:52 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
FWIW, for me, the LIKES link is a handy index of posts that I might like to quote later, even though,
My hair is not that short, but I cut it myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.