Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Revolution Wheelworks

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Revolution Wheelworks

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-11, 11:06 AM
RMMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Revolution Wheelworks

Anyone familiar with them? Yes I used Search. Two threads, four posts.

https://www.revolutionwheelworks.com/

Seems competitively priced. Pretty lightweight wheels.
Old 01-08-11, 03:06 PM
entukay

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've seen a guy in my area riding they're tubulars, don't know how they ride, but they look pretty rad.
Old 01-08-11, 03:09 PM
dan.lavelle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They are incredible wheels - a hometown company to the Philly area. RevWW was basically the lovechild of a guy who used to build wheels in his sparetime as a hobby, his name is Jonathan. If you know anything about cyclocross, they are hugely popular in the CX scene because of their reliability and great price.

Check out their website or send Jonathan/Andy an email with any questions, they are tremendously nice guys who are in it for the love of the game.
Old 01-08-11, 06:59 PM
WCroadie

Bikes: 2010 Trek Madone 5.5 CAAD9

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
+1
Those guys are great, super cool and easy to talk to. I know a good number of people who have their wheels, both for cx and road racing, haven't heard a bad thing about them. I'm waiting for them to offer full carbon clinchers.
Old 01-08-11, 07:57 PM
brian416
Roadie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
I have a set of the Rev50s, they've been fantastic wheels. They come with SS yellow which is a nice bonus, plus nice valve extenders. I emailed Jonathan when I was looking at them what his lead time was, he told me a week, they shipped in exactly one week. They were packaged very well and arrived perfectly true. I put 1691 miles on last year and they've been perfect despite riding them through potholes, in the rain, etc. They're still true and haven't made any noises they shouldn't have. The hubs roll smooth and the wheels are quite stiff side to side. I just pulled off the freehub to regrease for next season, it was really easy to do.