Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Any good paved trails in the Flagler Beach area?

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-12, 10:01 AM
Lindaosm

Bikes: Trek 7100 WSD & Trek Skye SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hubby and I are headed there for a few days after Christmas. I can't seem to find any paved trails in either the sites I've had bookmarked. But, I thought that I had heard that they were working on a trail over that way. We will be at Gamble Rogers State Park which is just south of Flagler Beach. We'll have the mbs as well but was hoping to find a new paved trail. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-25-12, 04:00 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They have about 8.5 miles of trail paved along sr207 now, near I-95 ... But that is a bit north of where your going to be at.. There is also the paved trail that runs along side of A1A That starts just north of of the pier in in Flagler Beach. I think it ends near Marineland to the north.
Old 04-10-13, 01:55 AM
TrailViewMount

Bikes: 2013 Trek 8.2 DS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually it is a multiuse path that runs from Marineland past Flagler Beach into Ormond Beach. A ton of cross streets from Flagler to Ormond. How is that trail in Palatka Otherland? Didn't they finish a new section?
Old 04-10-13, 01:40 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TrailViewMount
Actually it is a multiuse path that runs from Marineland past Flagler Beach into Ormond Beach. A ton of cross streets from Flagler to Ormond. How is that trail in Palatka Otherland? Didn't they finish a new section?
The "Urban Trail" through Palatka is getting close to being finished. The construction manager for the project told us a week ago that the work on the trail over the bridge in Palatka would be done in 2 weeks. I think he was being a bit ambitious on the time frame. But they are making some really good progress for sure. I'm guessing it will be done sometime in May 2013.. Someday this trail will link up with the Palatka Lake Butler trail & the trail that follows 207 from St. Augustine near I-95. But for now the separated MUP over the bridge in Palatka will be awesome. It will be nice to get from one side of the river to the other without having to bike over all of the accumulated debris that collects on the top of the bridge.

They are working on the next section of the Palatka Lake Butler trail right now. Supposed to be finished sometime this summer. It is about a 4.5 mile section starting east of Holloway Road. When finished the total paved section in this area (there is a paved section on the north end in Lake Butler) will be about 19 miles. That is not including 6 miles of paved trail that leads up to Gold Head State Park north of Keystone.
Old 04-11-13, 07:30 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
I think the OP's Christmas vacation has already happened.
Old 04-11-13, 11:13 AM
zzOtherlandzz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikecrate
I think the OP's Christmas vacation has already happened.
True... hahah .... They can use the info in case they wanna do a 4th of July ride or something