Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Swat system FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-20, 02:14 PM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 551 Posts
Swat system FAIL

So I was intrigued by the mini tool with holder that attaches to the Specialized seats and picked one up. I don’t ride trails or gravel but I do ride some really bad pavement so I considered that it might fall out.

after installing it seemed very secure. Actually kind of difficult to get out of the holster.

Today I went to do a good cleaning and found it gone, no doubt laying along the road somewhere. I know it wasn’t stolen cause I don’t leave the bike except in my garage.

Only had it a few weeks.

Nice idea but it’s not worth carrying a tool unless you’re sure it will be there when you need it.
Likes For Ogsarg:
Old 08-15-20, 04:38 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1746 Post(s)
Liked 1,375 Times in 720 Posts
How many different ways can basic roadside tools be repackaged and sold at a silly price? Now we know the answer. +1
Likes For TiHabanero:
Old 08-15-20, 05:42 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6963 Post(s)
Liked 10,964 Times in 4,689 Posts
All you need is a cordura pack with a velcro strap. I don't know why some companies make this all complicated, with their proprietary mounting systems that use Boa straps and whatnot.