Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Specialized Riprock 24 vs Woom OFF AIR 5 ?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-20, 03:31 PM
westwind77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking to upgrade my son (9 will be 10 in a few months) from his 20" Trek Superfly. I have narrowed it down to either the Riprock 24" or the Woom OFF AIR 5. I am heavily leaning toward the OFF AIR 5 and am on the waiting list to order. The bike will be used on a mix of paved riding to trail riding, nothing too extreme though. He is average height, but skinny so having a light weight bike is important I have found (hense the current Superfly) and I know the Woom is lighter and has a better suspension system (from what I have read). I do have a concern with the shifter as his current grip style works well for him and I watched a few Youtube video with the trigger style that comes with the Woom and I was not that impressed and wondered it would be difficult to operate.

Curious to get the thoughts of the folk here who probably log more hours on two wheel than I could image possible. Thanks!
Old 11-06-20, 09:18 PM
westwind77

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maybe this is not a good 'kids' bike forum, I did not see an area for that though. Is there a good forum for kids bikes? I looked around earlier and came up empty though. Thanks!
Old 11-07-20, 12:13 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
Our kids forum is "recreational and family"

Try the "families and kids" forum over on MTBR, it's more active and on-topic.

They will likely tell you to get a Spawn or a Trailcraft
Genesis 49:16-17