Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Just moved to LAS (Los Feliz)

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Just moved to LAS (Los Feliz)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-09, 03:23 PM
oddsox

Bikes: at Out of the Closet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just moved to LA (Los Feliz)

Just moved to LA in Nov. Actually moved about 3 times in less than 2 yrs. Rochester,NY to Brooklyn, NY to Manhattan and now in Los Angeles. Haven't ridden in a while (at least 2 yrs) and my last bike was an old 10-speed.

It was brandy new when I bought in '85. Had it forever. I couldn't give it up, she had my blood in it from a spill near the Cliff House when I lived in San Francisco. We both earned some scars and lived. hehe When I moved to Brooklyn I tried to get her a tune up and some upgrades, like some urban rat bike puncture resistant tires etc., but every shop refused to work on it. Regrettably I finely folded and traded to a mountain bike with road worthy tires. Gave it to a friend in Brooklyn.

Anyway, let me know of any places to pick up a good used bike (or good used Jazz CDs). Nothing too exciting, don't plan any major road trips just need to get around. Me and GF share a car and would be nice to both be mobile at the same time.

cher

Last edited by oddsox; 04-23-09 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-23-09, 04:29 PM
IbikezLA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well if you're not looking for anything fancy, you can go look at the Bikerowave, Bike Oven, and Bicycle Kitchen. These are the local bike co-ops and you can find an old fixer-upper for super cheap and get all the parts you need for super cheap. These places will work for a road bike that you can use just for commuting. There's also Craigslist
Old 04-23-09, 09:43 PM
oddsox

Bikes: at Out of the Closet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks

Cool Beans thanks! I haven't worked on a bike ...except my old 10 speed lol thanks. Derr why do I always forget about Craig's List

cher