Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Hi folks. New here, not to biking. New fangled E-Bike...old age.

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-20, 11:42 AM
tygr1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well anyway...started on a 'wannabe' sting ray that my Dad helped me build in the 60s. Ridden about everything between then and now all the way up to Harleys. Don't pedal well in my old age (only 64)...been diabetic for 47 years.

Last 3 bikes were all motorized. 2 buzz bikes, one I converted myself. 1 E-Bike conversion that I did on a cheap fat tire bike...fun stuff!

So now, I've ordered myself my own pick of the affordable crop...an Ecotric Hammer, a set of fenders for it and a rack. I know it's capabilities on paper...sounds just perfect for me...if I can climb on the huge thing, lol!

Anyone here have one? Even if you don't...any advice, opinions, warnings, encouragement, haha. You get the idea. The kid in me is very excited!
Old 08-16-20, 08:44 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 275 Times in 192 Posts
If you're OK with facebook, there's several Ecotric groups there which is pretty sociable. People post pic, ask questions, brag about their bikes, ***** about problems. One is run by the Ecortic importer. The other is just users. Yeah, some 6 footers say they don;t fit. It's a tall frame, in the pictures anyway. You have to request admission to the groups, but you get it.

I have an Ecotric 20" fat tire folder. Fat tires are not my favorite, but heck it only cost me $769 shipped. No problems in a year, othwe than what I inflicted on it.
Old 08-16-20, 10:18 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked 820 Times in 620 Posts
Seem like a good spec for the price IMO. Let's hear how you like it.