Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Raleigh DL-1 28" Ladies

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Raleigh DL-1 28" Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-20, 01:57 PM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaņa pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 866 Post(s)
Liked 721 Times in 396 Posts
Raleigh DL-1 28" Ladies

Yesterday a neighbor came to my home with this bike. He knows I am "into bikes" and asked me if I could get it operational again. He said it was in a garage for years, someone in his family said it was "from 1942". Sadly it's not in original shape, but I think it could be a quite rideable bike. It's a tall frame, 24" ST C-T, single speed, with 28" x 1 1/2 wheels, 40/32 spokes. The saddle has been re-covered, the chaincase round plate is missing, and the front brake is incomplete. The chainring isn't original. There are no decals on the frame and the headbadge is very worn, which suggests repainting, but there are seemingly original decals on the chaincase and the rear fender.
Serial number is AL26323, which corresponds with year 1948 according to Kurt Kaminer's excellent site.

Last edited by Reynolds; 07-13-20 at 02:05 PM.
Likes For Reynolds: