Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Another Old Peugeot...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-23, 03:39 PM
Binky

Bikes: Too, too many....

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 57 Posts
Another Old Peugeot...

Thanks to all who replied to the 1971 Peugeot mixte I just posted.

Cleaning out the basement I have found this other relic and brought it up into the light to take a few pictures.

Would this sell where you are ? I do not know how old it is or what model. It is a 5-speed...

Bink

Likes For Binky:
Old 12-16-23, 03:58 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2490 Post(s)
Liked 2,958 Times in 1,681 Posts
Another beauty. All I know is that the downtube decal is from the middle '60s or earlier. Others will surely provide more-useful information.
Likes For Trakhak:
Old 12-16-23, 04:28 PM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 1,214 Times in 651 Posts
This is a beautiful one, man. I see prices for these all over the place when they pop up. So, I can't really say what the going rate is. I can say we'd be talking if this was in my size. Good luck with it.
Old 12-16-23, 05:49 PM
Binky

Originally Posted by Sedgemop
This is a beautiful one, man. I see prices for these all over the place when they pop up. So, I can't really say what the going rate is. I can say we'd be talking if this was in my size. Good luck with it.
Thanks for the replies. Actually, it really is potentially my size but I never rode it and I have lots of newer bikes I like better.

I know I traded something for it many years ago, possibly an old Raleigh all-terrain bike, and when I put the Peugeot on the lift and spun the old 650B wheels to make sure that the electrics work (they do) the little dynamo shredded the gum wall on the old rear tire -as shown in the pictures - so I just put it away hoping to find tires at some later date, which simply did not happen.
Maybe someone will want it for a Christmas present...

Bink
Old 12-16-23, 07:15 PM
AdventureManCO 
The Huffmeister

Bikes: '79 Trek 938, '86 Jim Merz Allez SE, '90 Miyata 1000, '68 PX-10, '80 PXN-10, '73 Super Course, '87 Guerciotti, '83 Trek 600, '80 Huffy Le Grande

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1227 Post(s)
Liked 3,561 Times in 1,412 Posts
Originally Posted by Binky
Thanks for the replies. Actually, it really is potentially my size but I never rode it and I have lots of newer bikes I like better.

I know I traded something for it many years ago, possibly an old Raleigh all-terrain bike, and when I put the Peugeot on the lift and spun the old 650B wheels to make sure that the electrics work (they do) the little dynamo shredded the gum wall on the old rear tire -as shown in the pictures - so I just put it away hoping to find tires at some later date, which simply did not happen.
Maybe someone will want it for a Christmas present...

Bink
That is a extremely well preserved bike! What a beauty!

Old 12-16-23, 09:16 PM
Paul Waque 

Bikes: Road: 1972 Raleigh Competition,1989 Marinoni, 1990 Limongi. MTN: 1990 GT Team Avalanche, 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard, GT Team RTS , Rocky Mountain MSL 50 Element, CCM fat bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 50 Posts
They did not hold back on the rear reflectors.
Likes For Paul Waque:
Old 12-16-23, 09:31 PM
Binky

Originally Posted by Paul Waque
They did not hold back on the rear reflectors.
The big one mounted at he back of the rear fender (above the little round one) is an electric light powered by the same little dynamo that powers the headlamp.

Bink
Old 12-16-23, 09:54 PM
Paul Waque 

Bikes: Road: 1972 Raleigh Competition,1989 Marinoni, 1990 Limongi. MTN: 1990 GT Team Avalanche, 1991 Rocky Mountain Blizzard, GT Team RTS , Rocky Mountain MSL 50 Element, CCM fat bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Binky
The big one mounted at he back of the rear fender (above the little round one) is an electric light powered by the same little dynamo that powers the headlamp.

Bink
Yes, I was thinking that I should state that one was a light. The one that really grabbed me was the big square one at the brake bridge. It looks like there might even be a a tab or something on the frame that it attaches to.

Interesting bike, in wonderful condition.
Old 12-17-23, 11:05 AM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
Binky

I know you know bikes (and that you have sold a few), so I am hesitant to offer my two thoughts.

FWIW, this year at the Canadian Vintage Bike Show there were a lot of bikes of this type that simply sat and were passed over. I saw some amazing 60/70s bikes listed sub $300 Canadian. I posted a photo of a really, really nice Raleigh International listed for $250 that sat. I did forward the sellers contact information to someone on here. I regret not buying it myself.

Is this bike a foreign (non-Canadian model)? If it is perhaps this one might do better on eBay?

If you do sell it, please post what you sold it for. Might be helpful to have a number for the future.

Ps. If that Mancini for sale on Pinkbike is yours, it's a fine looking example!
Old 12-17-23, 11:40 AM
Binky

Originally Posted by WGB
Binky

I know you know bikes (and that you have sold a few), so I am hesitant to offer my two thoughts.

FWIW, this year at the Canadian Vintage Bike Show there were a lot of bikes of this type that simply sat and were passed over. I saw some amazing 60/70s bikes listed sub $300 Canadian. I posted a photo of a really, really nice Raleigh International listed for $250 that sat. I did forward the sellers contact information to someone on here. I regret not buying it myself.

Is this bike a foreign (non-Canadian model)? If it is perhaps this one might do better on eBay?

If you do sell it, please post what you sold it for. Might be helpful to have a number for the future.

Ps. If that Mancini for sale on Pinkbike is yours, it's a fine looking example!
Yes... Campagnolo, Gipiemme, Nisi and all..

Old 12-17-23, 01:38 PM
WGB 
WGB

Bikes: Panasonic PT-4500

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 1800 Post(s)
Liked 2,334 Times in 1,378 Posts
I'm a 62/62/63cm guy so I'm safe.

Just can't understand why that didn't sell upon listing. With the exchange rate we've had $500 Canadian is around $375 and $375 is a steal for it. The Toronto crowd must think Oakville is on the other side of the world!
Old 12-17-23, 01:48 PM
Chuck M 
Happy With My Bikes

Bikes: Hi-Ten bike boomers, a Trek Domane and some projects

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 884 Post(s)
Liked 2,308 Times in 1,118 Posts
Handsome chain guard on this one.

Old 12-17-23, 09:06 PM
ramzilla

Bikes: Vintage Japanese Bicycles, Tange, Ishiwata, Kuwahara

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 700 Post(s)
Liked 322 Times in 252 Posts
People usually run out of courage around $300 on most old bikes. Sometimes much more for something special like a Paramount or 5 speed Schwinn Sting Ray. Good luck. Have fun.