Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Route through Cincinnati?

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-13, 06:28 PM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts

As we start assembling some of our routes I was wondering if there is anyone here from Cincinnati? If so would you be willing to look at our proposed route through the city?
Thanks!
Old 11-24-13, 11:32 PM
hilltowner

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Couldn't really give you much advice on transiting the city but I do ride there one week out of the year when I go read AP Env. Sci. exams during the first week in June. If you go through downtown Cincy and you have time to do some sightseeing I recommend the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center as a worthwhile stop. This might also be of some interest since it is an Adventure Cycling route that takes in the Freedom Center (albeit as a spur): https://www.adventurecycling.org/rout...railroad-ugrr/ Finally, take a look at the bike maps that exist showing good, bad and ugly routes through the city: https://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/bikes/bike-maps/. I also recommend the "Purple People Bridge" between Cincy and Newport, KY as the most bicycle-friendly route across the Ohio, though the Roebling Bridge has been recently upgraded and comes a close second.

Last edited by hilltowner; 11-24-13 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-26-13, 09:37 AM
iforgotmename

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This may help...Every year I do a charity ride from Cleveland to Cinci. Here is our route through Cinci https://www.mapmyride.com/us/yellow-s...s-route-710703 Definitely check out Eden Park, what a great view.
Old 11-26-13, 02:48 PM
bikenh

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
About the only non highway route you have from east to west across Cincy as I remember from a I ride I did down there back almost 20 years ago is Galbreath(sp) Rd. It will pretty much take you all the way across the suburbs from east to west. At least to US127 where I hung a left and headed down across the Ohio River a mile or so before taking 127 back up to central Ohio. I rode it on a Saturday at the end of July and had o kind of trouble whatsoever with traffic or anything. I can't speak of what it might be like if you hit it midweek. I was looking for the ride not for any specific landmarks or anything like that.