Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Baggage transfers - Florida Keys

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-15, 01:03 PM
diver858

Bikes: Ritchey Breakaway; Motobecane Gran Premio COMP (steel 20 speed road bike); Genesis 20" Folding Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My wife and will be visiting the Florida Keys in late October, plan to ride folding bicycles from the Key Largo area (mile marker 100?) to Key West, staying overnight in Marathon. I already purchased a Florida Keys Bicycling Guide Key Largo Bike Tours and rentals - Florida Keys Cycling Guide - Tavernier, FL, now looking for a courier service to transfer our luggage to Marathon, and then to Key West. The hotel in Marathon referred me to the Chamber of Commerce, would be grateful for advise from someone with actual experience.
Old 11-01-15, 09:58 AM
diver858

Bikes: Ritchey Breakaway; Motobecane Gran Premio COMP (steel 20 speed road bike); Genesis 20" Folding Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just returned from our trip. Other than the narrow "bike lane" on bridges, the ride from Key Largo to Key West is a great one! Would like to give a shout out to Kevin from All Keys Delivery All Keys Delivery, who moved our luggage from hotels in Key Largo to Marathon, then Marathon to Key West - on time, good service, fair price.
Old 11-02-15, 01:30 PM
chong67

Bikes: Trek FX 7.4 + Sirrus Expert Carbon X1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by diver858
Just returned from our trip. Other than the narrow "bike lane" on bridges, the ride from Key Largo to Key West is a great one! Would like to give a shout out to Kevin from All Keys Delivery All Keys Delivery, who moved our luggage from hotels in Key Largo to Marathon, then Marathon to Key West - on time, good service, fair price.
I saw some of the pictures and some of the trail are quite near to the road side like at the bridge. Anyone got any stretch of trail that is good for riding across water for a good 15 miles that is not near to cars?
Old 11-03-15, 11:22 AM
diver858

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are some decent fishing / pedestrian bridges that parallel the highway, more appear to be under construction. Off the top of my head, there are some pretty good stretches north of Marathon (Long Key bridge is a particularly good one), and a good stretch north from Key West.

The Seven Mile and Channel Five bridges are by far the worst.