Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Mr Brown Pants comes through again

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-04, 02:14 PM
fixedgearhead

Bikes: Panasonic,Peugeot Px10,Cinelli super corsa, Cinelli Olympic Pista, Bianchi Pista, Gitane Tandem, all fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Mr. Brown pants brought the De Bernardi in a box today and I just finished building it up. Attached are some pics from the process. It is black ice conditions outside so I am not going to test ride it today. the list of components are;
Phil Wood 36 Hole hubs w 14/15 spokes Mavic open pro rims Avocet tires
Phil Wood 113mm BB
Shimano Sora Cranks w/ Sugino 46 tooth chainring 16 tooth rear cog
Sram PC-48 3/32 Chain
American Classic Seatpost and Brooks Professional Saddle
Nitto Cow horn bars and Nitto stem w/Tressoplast tape
I had to think about how to block up the holes in the brake bridge and front fork. I hit the parts bin and came up with a low profile crome nut and carrige bolt for the brake bridge and the same for the fork crown but painted that to match on the fork. I wish that they had used a true track crown but there are probably enough people who use a front brake that it makes sense from a marketing and manufacturing standpoint.
It seems to be a good mid level bicycle and the people at Yellow Jersey in Maddison Wisconsin https:\\www.yellowjersey.org were great to deal with as they did a free frame prep and checked alignment for the price of the frame alone. They gave me a good price, best I could find. Other vendors charged me for the frame prep so this was a great plus. Now if the weather would clear up and I can ride this thing. It does not look to good for a few days hearabouts. I will comment as soon as I can.

fixedgearhead
Old 01-27-04, 02:33 PM
dobber
Perineal Pressurized

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Sweet looking ride. As far as the hole in the fork, you could always mount one of them pinwheel jobbies.

Watch out for the Ad-Bot
Old 01-27-04, 02:39 PM
auk
Coasting makes you grumpy

Bikes: Specialized Stumpjumper M2Comp; Habanero Ti-Team; Slingshot Road; 1962 converted Raliegh fixer aka: The Beast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Beautiful bike. I feel your pain as to not being able to ride it. Couple inches on the ground and more as I type.

Dave
Old 01-27-04, 02:45 PM
pitboss
cxmagazine dot com

Bikes: Titus road, Fort CX

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
get some rollers already.
Old 01-27-04, 02:54 PM
DeeBo

Bikes: Yours

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice bike!
Old 01-27-04, 03:12 PM
fixedgearhead

Bikes: Panasonic,Peugeot Px10,Cinelli super corsa, Cinelli Olympic Pista, Bianchi Pista, Gitane Tandem, all fixed Gear

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 165-48:17
get some rollers already.
I actually have somthing called a Cateye Cyclosimulator which allows you to mount a bike via the front forks and it has a resistance wheel for the rear wheel. It also allows you to increase the gradient up to about 10% and shows the speed/ miles/ calories/ ect. It is pretty good as far as stationary trainers go. Not the same as rollers as balance is not an issue. I may just get a set of rollers concidering what many people have said about them. I am letting some
paint dry this pm before I mount it up and pedal off into the sunset, or basement in this case.

fixedgearhead
Old 01-27-04, 04:09 PM
badchad

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice ride.

The Yellow Jersey is a rad shop, with tons of track stuff in stock, and all the knowledge in the world to back up what they sell.