Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Need help from the pros to identify my bianchi campione del mondo/campione d'italia

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Need help from the pros to identify my bianchi campione del mondo/campione d'italia

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-14, 09:17 PM
issacgoboom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Please help me identify my bike
I am planning on selling it, since the size is way too small for me. I contacted a bike shop and he called me back offering $200, which I believe is ridiculous (I may be wrong), so any value recommendations will be appreciated
Note: the tires are worn and the back tire may need replacement, so how much should I knock down from the total price.
Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG0402.jpg (102.3 KB, 27 views)
IMAG0403.jpg (91.3 KB, 19 views)
IMAG0406.jpg (96.5 KB, 20 views)
IMAG0407.jpg (101.4 KB, 17 views)
IMAG0411.jpg (93.7 KB, 17 views)
IMAG0412_BURST001.jpg (94.8 KB, 15 views)
IMAG0416.jpg (97.0 KB, 14 views)
IMAG0417.jpg (94.6 KB, 13 views)
IMAG0421.jpg (93.7 KB, 15 views)
IMAG0423.jpg (94.3 KB, 13 views)
IMAG0424.jpg (96.4 KB, 12 views)
IMAG0426.jpg (100.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-29-14, 10:36 PM
Midwest Ullrich
Midwest Ullrich

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
$200 asking price would be a "give away". I would start at $380 to test out the market response.
Old 08-29-14, 11:09 PM
redtires
Extra Medium Member

Bikes: Fezzari Empire; State 6061 Allroad gravel; Scott Spark; Specialized Status 140

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts
Welll....I sold quite a few of these, in the 90's as a Bianchi dealer. Your bike you have there has definitely had somewhat of a rough life. The brake hoods are missing, certainly the rear mech has been replaced with a very inexpensive Shimano unit. Cromor was Columus' basic, entry level tubeset also. Made with seamed tubing, and the frame is comprised of Cromor for the three main tubes, everything else is 4130 steel. Nothing fancy. In addition, just because the decal states "Made in Italy", it wasn't. The frame was actually manufactured in Asia. But, because of the laws surrounding "what you can say in advertising", a certain percent of it's finishing and assembly was performed in Italy, it's allowed to state as if it's made there. Yep. The shift levers have been replaced with (somewhat desirable in certain circles) friction shifters (which appear to be Modolo carbon fiber units), to compensate for the low end rear derailleur, not the stock saddle (and the one on it is not an upgrade). The pedals are actually supposed to have toe-clips on them as well. I'm not debasing the bike by any means, like I said, I sold a ton of them. It was a great entry level road bike. But that's just what it was, entry level. IMHO, if someone offered me $200 for, I'd be all over it. There are other little things too. For instance, that's not a stock rear quick release...but, I can't tell from the photos if it was just a replacement quick release, or a whole different wheel.

Last edited by redtires; 08-29-14 at 11:12 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 08-30-14, 05:07 AM
howellhandmade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't know what year it is, but they all seem to be about the same -- LBS owner might know the market, and $258 blue book might be low, but he wouldn't offer more than half what the thought he could sell it for.

1995 Bianchi Campione d'Italia - New and Used Bike Value

As a friend of mine used to say about motorcycle deals, when people buy it it's a bike, when they sell it it's a Picasso.
Old 08-30-14, 05:17 AM
Trucker Dan

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
$200 is fair. $300 if you fixed it up with new hoods, saddle, and a rear derailer that matched.