Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

Rotator no more.....?

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

Rotator no more.....?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-20, 12:16 AM
meb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
The mid drive axle difference might have less to do with the material and more the vintage.. Mark had an older 35 speed Pursuit and the later ones I believe had 49 speeds.
Old 12-24-20, 12:10 AM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
Perhaps but it was clear that the Ti machine has a round tube with the axle having a through threading out the opposite
side from the mid drive cassette, where the steel machine had a square tube and according to mmatarella the axle threading
was not all the way through the square tube. So not only is the length of the axle different the Ti mount allows lock nuts on
the opposite side from the mid drive cassette where the steel tube axle bottoms out on the inside of the mount tube if I
understood mmatarella correctly.
Old 12-25-20, 08:03 PM
BlazingPedals

Bikes: Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, Catrike Speed

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked 734 Times in 455 Posts
I only ever saw one Rotator, but I don't remember it being square tubing. In fact, I even found the pic.

Last edited by BlazingPedals; 12-25-20 at 08:12 PM.