Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

SDV Drive!

Old 04-09-20, 08:08 PM
jackbombay

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 329 Times in 196 Posts
I found a GIF that shows how it all works, uhhh, the pedal is attached to one of the chains?!?!?

Likes For jackbombay:
Old 04-09-20, 10:37 PM
ctak

Bikes: Centurion, Davidson, Romani

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel View Post
Ok ok ok, I will relent! Or rather, caveat or qualify my disc brake comment to road bikes (and anything close). MTBs look sick with discs, and have for a long time. And CX/gravel stuff looks just fine with them as well, largely because they were made from the outset to be that way (IMO). Road bikes being as svelte and light as they have been for so long--the discs encroach on that lithe, all-about-the-ride-quality nature. Again, IMO.
+1 on calipers for road... all the way down:
( with a humble nod to Alaphilippe's Galibier descent)

Last edited by ctak; 04-09-20 at 10:45 PM.
Likes For ctak:
Old 04-09-20, 10:40 PM
Reynolds 
Passista

Bikes: 1998 Pinarello Asolo, 1992 KHS Montaña pro, 1980 Raleigh DL-1, IGH Hybrid, IGH Utility

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 119 Posts
I like the totally unbelievable claim of power increase, like in all "new and revolutionary" bike "improvements". At least the Magistroni 90º crankarms were simpler and lighter.
Old 04-09-20, 11:10 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: '88 Land Shark Road Shark 66cm - '88 Davidson Signature 67cm - Other Too-Small Frames awaiting keep/sell decision..

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked 372 Times in 256 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll View Post
That video is horrible. It is like just watching someone rev up a car engine to check out a new carburetor. Is there an actual demonstration video somewhere?

It looks needlessly complicated.
Especially with no engine load (aka driving). Nothing sounds better than a good engine under stress!

Also, agree. It looks like a monumentally complicated way of getting around HTFU (as it were).