Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Allez Sprint Di2 conversion

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 05-07-20, 08:11 AM
kevinabbot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hey so I am going to be upgrading from 105 to Di2 ultegra for my Allez Sprint. It does not have a spot for the battery. Also how difficult will it be to route all the wires for di2 through my bike and what should I do with with the location of my battery.
Old 05-07-20, 08:34 AM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 236 Posts
One of the install options is battery inside the seatpost. They sell shims for this mounting. As you have to plan for the E-Tube cables to get from the h-bar area to the derailers, you typically use the B Junction box, which sits somewhere in the lower downtube or bottom of the seat tube. You then use 3 cables out of B Junction for F derailleur, R derailer and battery, then a 4th up the downtube for the A Junction at the stem or H-Bar for the shifter connections.

But really the first question gets answered is do you have a method to route cables internally ? And related, can your b-bracket easily get removed so you can route those cables as well as install a B Junction box ?.

This site has a lot of useful info,
https://di2center.com/hardware-road-and-mtb/
Likes For Steve B.: