Old 06-30-20, 01:37 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,097 Times in 708 Posts
Thanks gotta set up that BT since I’m about to crash out. Ok my cheap Amazon BT is ready so here it goes.
Bad Azz great tune picks up my spirit now I have to get my two beagles out of the yard they are howling and harassing that armadillo they will never catch ok the beagles want in their at the door lol .. thanks for sharing the tune,
Old 06-30-20, 03:25 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11383 Post(s)
Liked 3,019 Times in 1,680 Posts
NJ just put the brakes on allowing indoor dining/drinking so it doesn’t become the new TX. I like how the governor placed part of the blame on human behavior during outside seating. Establishments and patrons were not following the rules. Strangers packed to closely together without masks for long periods. That’s why we cannot have nice things.
Old 06-30-20, 02:10 PM
sirjag

Bikes: Giant Contend SL 1 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf View Post
Proof please, as in scientific proof.

Conclusion make your own mind up and question those in authority. They were not appointed by God and are fallible.
had to remove most of what you wrote b/c it is garbage. Left the last part as it pretty much confirms your an idiot. Here's a recent study of sorts.

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

Professor at Texas A&M Provides Research that Supports Wearing a Mask
Research by a professor at Texas A&M University adds to the scientific discourse demonstrating that wearing a face mask can be one of the best methods of protection against coronavirus.
The study published by professor Renyi Zhang and his colleagues earlier this month suggests that face masks are significantly more effective in stopping the spread of the coronavirus between people than other prevention measures.
“Our evidence strongly suggests that face masks are the determinant factor to curb the spread of the pandemic,” Zhang said. “The face covering performs two functions. One is to protect the infected people from spreading the virus and the other is to protect uninfected people from inhaling the virus.”

The study looked at trends and prevention measures in three epicenters of the coronavirus pandemic: Wuhan, China; Italy; and New York City. Researchers found that mandatory face mask policies reduced the number of infections by more than 78,000 in Italy between April 6 and May 9, and by more than 66,000 in New York City between April 17 and May 9.
Old 06-30-20, 03:12 PM
indyfabz

Originally Posted by sirjag View Post
Left the last part as it pretty much confirms your an idiot.
That’s not nice.

P.S. “You’re.”
Old 06-30-20, 03:38 PM
sirjag

Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
That’s not nice.

P.S. “You’re.”
Thanks for the your/you're!

Also, he's spreading misinformation and crap, we have to start calling that out, not ignoring it any longer...
Old 06-30-20, 04:42 PM
alanf

Bikes: Devinci Millenium, Gary Fisher Joshua

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
had to remove most of what you wrote b/c it is garbage. Left the last part as it pretty much confirms your an idiot. Here's a recent study of sorts.

https://www.pnas.org/content/117/26/14857

Professor at Texas A&M Provides Research that Supports Wearing a Mask
Research by a professor at Texas A&M University adds to the scientific discourse demonstrating that wearing a face mask can be one of the best methods of protection against coronavirus.
The study published by professor Renyi Zhang and his colleagues earlier this month suggests that face masks are significantly more effective in stopping the spread of the coronavirus between people than other prevention measures.
“Our evidence strongly suggests that face masks are the determinant factor to curb the spread of the pandemic,” Zhang said. “The face covering performs two functions. One is to protect the infected people from spreading the virus and the other is to protect uninfected people from inhaling the virus.”

The study looked at trends and prevention measures in three epicenters of the coronavirus pandemic: Wuhan, China; Italy; and New York City. Researchers found that mandatory face mask policies reduced the number of infections by more than 78,000 in Italy between April 6 and May 9, and by more than 66,000 in New York City between April 17 and May 9.
Sticks and stone may break my bones but names will never hurt me. Do you often call PPL names when unable to beat them fairly?

Interesting that you used the words "suggest" because there is a massive difference between "suggests" and "stops". I refer you back to my previous posts which refer to the top medical PPL in the US and The UN who don't see it your way.

Who knows why that professor studied it or who funded it or maybe he was desperate to get a study published because his contract required it and he went to CNN for data...

Those three places had the worst track record but it was for totally different reasons. Apparently according to reports I heard Wuhan had had a large demonstration ongoing at the time of the "outbreak" about the PRC building a massive incinerator dump there. In other words the air quality there was/is one of the worst in China which is really saying something. PPL had to wear masks anyways. Interestingly Wuhan was the first place in China that had just rolled out G5 and many speculate that the fact that it prevents the proper uptake of oxygen may be a factor.

In Italy the area where the problem was centred was a place that had a huge illegal immigrant worker population from PRC and the old factories there were basically sweatshops and so combined with poor air quality, poor PPL living in poor conditions travelling back and forth to PRC there was a perfect storm which exploded.

NYC is very liberal/anti-Trump and many reports from Docs/nurses there saying it is way overblown. Apparently they get $ 13,000 if a Pt. is reported to have the virus and if they die the hospital (the for profit corporation) gets $ 39,000. If you ask any Doctor they will tell you that when you put someone on a ventilator which is the "Standard of Care" requirement, 90% of the PPL die. It's basically a death sentence. There is big financial incentives for killing PPL.

BTW I am not tryting to change your or anyone's mind and you're not likely to convince anyone by calling them names.
Old 06-30-20, 04:47 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 4226 Post(s)
Liked 839 Times in 470 Posts
...many reports from Docs/nurses there [in NYC] saying it is way overblown. Apparently they get $ 13,000 if a Pt. is reported to have the virus and if they die the hospital (the for profit corporation) gets $ 39,000. If you ask any Doctor they will tell you that when you put someone on a ventilator which is the "Standard of Care" requirement, 90% of the PPL die. It's basically a death sentence. There is big financial incentives for killing PPL.
You are badly mistaken. Who feeds you this info?
Likes For noisebeam:
Old 06-30-20, 05:14 PM
sirjag

Originally Posted by noisebeam View Post
right..... its dangerous.....
Old 06-30-20, 05:51 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 70 Posts
This stuff is really bonkers..

In Italy it was Chinese sweatshop workers, but in Wuhan it was incinerator air pollution and 5G, and in NYC it was Democrats faking death certificates for big buck payouts. And maybe deliberately killing their patients for those payments.

You are not going to convince this guy with any kind of rational argument.
Old 06-30-20, 06:15 PM
Rider_1

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig View Post
+ 1. Time to put this poster on the ignore list.
Why hasn't he been handed an IP ban yet? Mods, get on that.
Old 06-30-20, 06:18 PM
downtube42

Bikes: Volae Team, '74ish Windsor Carrera Sport, Priority Eight, Nimbus MUni, Trek Roscoe 6

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 299 Times in 159 Posts
Originally Posted by skookum View Post
This stuff is really bonkers..

In Italy it was Chinese sweatshop workers, but in Wuhan it was incinerator air pollution and 5G, and in NYC it was Democrats faking death certificates for big buck payouts. And maybe deliberately killing their patients for those payments.

You are not going to convince this guy with any kind of rational argument.
Logic can only dismantle what was built with logic. New information can only only change ideas built upon information.

I do have a friend who's brother recently left a religious cult after 16 years, so I suppose it's possible such people can escape the spiral into madness. Plenty of people never do, though.
Likes For downtube42:
Old 06-30-20, 06:30 PM
indyfabz

Thanks for the your/you're!

Also, he's spreading misinformation and crap, we have to start calling that out, not ignoring it any longer...
You won’t make much headway if you get banned for insults. You feel me?
Old 06-30-20, 06:32 PM
indyfabz

Originally Posted by Rider_1 View Post
Why hasn't he been handed an IP ban yet? Mods, get on that.
Did you report his post(s)? The mods cannot, and thus don’t, read every post.
Old 06-30-20, 06:40 PM
Rider_1

Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
Did you report his post(s)? The mods cannot, and thus don’t, read every post.
No, but I guess I should start. Does anyone else here report him?

The mods were quick to remove one of my far less offensive posts, so I thought that they actually, you know, cared.

Edit: I wasn't even aware of the report function.

Last edited by Rider_1; 06-30-20 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-30-20, 06:48 PM
Rider_1

Clubman, ignore alanf. As a fellow Canadian, I think you and I can agree that he is full of it and a troll, maybe a foreign provocateur. I haven't heard any of the crap that he is talking about, nor do I think anyone cares. Trudeau has been fine.

I am also going to put him on ignore.
Likes For Rider_1:
Old 06-30-20, 06:48 PM
alanf

Originally Posted by noisebeam View Post
right..... its dangerous.....
Ignore alanf. As a fellow Canadian, I think you and I can agree that he is full of it and a troll, maybe a foreign provocateur. Trudeau has been fine.

I am also going to put him on ignore.
Trudeau is in a minority government having been almost completely wiped out in Western Canada. Even his own province he was practically wiped out.
He won 33.06% of the popular vote while the Conservatives won 34.4% The rest were divided amoung the Bloc Quebcois, (his province) NDP, greens and independent.

Check out the National Post map of the 2019 election
Old 06-30-20, 06:55 PM
alanf

Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
a prisoner favorite on my show BUT seeds & stems is #1 CC tune
Brings to mind....
Old 06-30-20, 07:05 PM
50PlusCycling

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
Last week the CDC said that the actual infection rate is at least 10 times higher than the confirmed rate. That being the case, as more people are tested, more cases will be discovered. The only real figures which we can look at are fatality rates, and if these are not increasing, then the increase in cases is only due to increased testing.

I live in Japan where there have been few cases, but then Japan has tested only .02% of the population, with about 19,000 positive results. But independent studies in different cities show an infection rate of about 7%, this means that the actual number of cases in Japan would be between 5 million and 9 million. However, there remain fewer than 1000 fatalities, and that is the only firm number we can derive unless everyone is tested.
Old 06-30-20, 07:38 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by 50PlusCycling View Post
Last week the CDC said that the actual infection rate is at least 10 times higher than the confirmed rate. That being the case, as more people are tested, more cases will be discovered. The only real figures which we can look at are fatality rates, and if these are not increasing, then the increase in cases is only due to increased testing.

I live in Japan where there have been few cases, but then Japan has tested only .02% of the population, with about 19,000 positive results. But independent studies in different cities show an infection rate of about 7%, this means that the actual number of cases in Japan would be between 5 million and 9 million. However, there remain fewer than 1000 fatalities, and that is the only firm number we can derive unless everyone is tested.

Its not just increased testing. In Florida for example the test positivity rate has gone from around 3% to 15% in the last month. However the median age of newly infected people has dropped into the 30s. So deaths have not been increasing at the same rate as infections. But more people are dying.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...states/florida

A 7% infection rate for Japan seems pretty high for a country with less than a thousand deaths. Where did you see that figure?
Old 06-30-20, 08:22 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 129 Posts
No, but I guess I should start. Does anyone else here report him?

The mods were quick to remove one of my far less offensive posts, so I thought that they actually, you know, cared.

Edit: I wasn't even aware of the report function.
>>> why should this be stifled when other stuff isn't ... we got irishmen rewriting confederate history ... we got dutchers rewriting WW2 ... we got samesexers claiming persecution ... we got the politically incorrectoids looking for A+holes >>> as for me, i want to know WHY WERE CHINAPEEPS WORKING IN ITALY and i want to know more about the 5G BIODISRUPTIVE SYNDROME and i wonder why 90% OF THE MDs ON CNN HAVE 3RD WORLD NAMES and the only place i can learn stuff like this is on BIKE FORUMS but if this guy gets banned we all lose access to alternative sourced information and based on what i saw from the COVID GASP FORCE today ALTERNATIVE SOURCED INFORMATION may not be all to far removed from the whitest house in ameriKa
Old 06-30-20, 09:07 PM
Rider_1

Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
>>> why should this be stifled when other stuff isn't ... we got irishmen rewriting confederate history ... we got dutchers rewriting WW2 ... we got samesexers claiming persecution ... we got the politically incorrectoids looking for A+holes >>> as for me, i want to know WHY WERE CHINAPEEPS WORKING IN ITALY and i want to know more about the 5G BIODISRUPTIVE SYNDROME and i wonder why 90% OF THE MDs ON CNN HAVE 3RD WORLD NAMES and the only place i can learn stuff like this is on BIKE FORUMS but if this guy gets banned we all lose access to alternative sourced information and based on what i saw from the COVID GASP FORCE today ALTERNATIVE SOURCED INFORMATION may not be all to far removed from the whitest house in ameriKa
Piss off and don't annoy me further. Ignored.
Old 06-30-20, 11:21 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Cycle Tourist View Post
I get it. I really do. But even if you are young and asymptomatic who are you willing to kill around you, a little girl fighting leukemia, a woman with breast cancer
I'm willing to let the woman with breast cancer kill herself like every other adult, and the little girl's parents decide an appropriate risk trade off like others that let their children do risky things like jump on trampolines, ride horses, and race motorcycles.

As a person with high risk of dying from COVID-19, virtually eliminating that risk dictates staying home, having only non-perishable food delivered, and letting it sit outside until any virus particles denature.

If they want to accept higher risk by having meat delivered, exercising outdoors, seeing family members outdoors staying just six feet apart, etc. it's their life.

They have no right to reduce (but not eliminate) their risk of living dangerously by permanently closing businesses, costing millions of people their jobs, and making life unpleasant for millions more.

or just exposing a whole community of unsuspecting people?
The risk of death from COVID is approximately equal to that of one year living. Below 30 that's not a big deal. At 80, you don't want that if you're trying to stick around to see your great grandchildren born. In between it's your call, just like choosing to smoke (400,000 annual fatalities in the US), eat too much (300,000), or drink too much (100,000). The people you live with may be effected like the 40,000 killed by second hand smoke although that's between you and them.

Lasting effects are what would give me pause.

I ride my bicycle outdoors six days a week and make a weekly shopping trip to stores requiring masks.

I wouldn't eat at a restaurant, have a beer in a bar, see a movie, or attend a professional sporting event. I'll probably get a haircut when allowed while wearing a mask from a mask wearing stylist, but pass on the face/scalp massage and beard trim I usually get.

Other people can behave as their personal risk tolerance dictates up to packing into bars then going home to exchange bodily fluids with strangers, but shouldn't hurt other people to make their risky choices safer. That should only be limited to keep ventilator utilization at 90% so people ending up in the ICU from other problems don't die because all the ventilators are in use for COVID patients.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 06-30-20 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-30-20, 11:41 PM
Drew Eckhardt 

Bikes: 97 Litespeed, 50-39-30x13-26 10 cogs, Campagnolo Ultrashift, retroreflective rims on SON28/PowerTap hubs

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 148 Posts
It is curious that the rates of positives and hospitalizations and deaths seems to be closely related to the political party in power..... ie democrat equals plandemic. just sayin....
As much as I dislike Democratic politicians, correlation does not imply causality.

Democrats disproportionally live in urban areas where pedestrians pack sidewalks, patrons sit hip to hip at bars, people ride crowded public transportation, and employees labor in open offices no more than five feet apart.

Republicans tend to eschew that for what Democrats denigrate as "fly over country," and aren't going to catch COVID from a neighbor whose front door is over a hundred feet away.

No one wanted the impact on business and their reelection odds from a shutdown.

President Trump didn't shutdown travel from China until three weeks after the WHO published its disease outbreak news, after which he was accused of racism.

Six weeks later Governor Cuomo of New York said he wouldn't approve a shelter in place order for New York City.

After that he said that President Trump had no authority to impose quarantine to contain the contagion to New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.
"“A lockdown is what they did in Wuhan, China,” Cuomo said. “We’re not in China, and we’re not in Wuhan. I don’t believe it would be legal. I believe it would be illegal.“

The San Francisco Bay Area shutdown ten days after companies decided having their employees together in the same building posed an unacceptable business risk. The state followed three days after it. New York City was a day behind the state of California. New York State waited another four days.

Last edited by Drew Eckhardt; 06-30-20 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-01-20, 12:07 AM
gregf83 

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked 174 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew Eckhardt View Post
Other people can behave as their personal risk tolerance dictates up to packing into bars then going home to exchange bodily fluids with strangers, but shouldn't hurt other people to make their risky choices safer. That should only be limited to keep ventilator utilization at 90% so people ending up in the ICU from other problems don't die because all the ventilators are in use for COVID patients.
Opening everything and leaving it up to personal choice is fine for those with the luxury of working from home. Not so great if your choice is to be forced back into work at a meat packing plant or lose your job. Loading the hospitals to 90% capacity also puts tremendous strain on the health care system and risks the lives of those unselfish workers who choose to look after selfish individuals who refuse to accept any limits on their precious freedom.
Likes For gregf83:
Old 07-01-20, 03:54 AM
ooga-booga
lead on, macduff!

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 490 Times in 264 Posts
Sticks and stone may break my bones but names will never hurt me. Do you often call PPL names when unable to beat them fairly?

Interesting that you used the words "suggest" because there is a massive difference between "suggests" and "stops". I refer you back to my previous posts which refer to the top medical PPL in the US and The UN who don't see it your way.

Who knows why that professor studied it or who funded it or maybe he was desperate to get a study published because his contract required it and he went to CNN for data...

Those three places had the worst track record but it was for totally different reasons. Apparently according to reports I heard Wuhan had had a large demonstration ongoing at the time of the "outbreak" about the PRC building a massive incinerator dump there. In other words the air quality there was/is one of the worst in China which is really saying something. PPL had to wear masks anyways. Interestingly Wuhan was the first place in China that had just rolled out G5 and many speculate that the fact that it prevents the proper uptake of oxygen may be a factor.

In Italy the area where the problem was centred was a place that had a huge illegal immigrant worker population from PRC and the old factories there were basically sweatshops and so combined with poor air quality, poor PPL living in poor conditions travelling back and forth to PRC there was a perfect storm which exploded.

NYC is very liberal/anti-Trump and many reports from Docs/nurses there saying it is way overblown. Apparently they get $ 13,000 if a Pt. is reported to have the virus and if they die the hospital (the for profit corporation) gets $ 39,000. If you ask any Doctor they will tell you that when you put someone on a ventilator which is the "Standard of Care" requirement, 90% of the PPL die. It's basically a death sentence. There is big financial incentives for killing PPL.

BTW I am not tryting to change your or anyone's mind and you're not likely to convince anyone by calling them names.
why exactly do you think that is? he is a native son, after all, documented as discriminating against people of color regarding housing in said city. that plus many new yorkers regard him as the ultimate p-grabbing, ridiiculous social climber. do tell.

Last edited by ooga-booga; 07-01-20 at 04:14 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.