Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

GT Ricochet info?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

GT Ricochet info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-20, 07:23 PM
Koobers

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
GT Ricochet info?

Does anyone have any info on the GT Ricochet X? Is it a Dick's Sports exclusive because I cannot find info on it anywhere outside of Dick's website, even GT's website doesn't list it.

Men's GT Ricochet X 27.5" Mountain Bike
Old 06-25-20, 06:50 AM
grubetown

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 21 Posts
What “info” do you want?
Old 06-25-20, 07:40 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 697 Times in 435 Posts
Found this-looks like plenty of info: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...275mrcchtxxprf
Edit--really got to be more careful reading the thread--see you already found this--appears all the tech specs are there, what does it not spec that you are looking for?

Last edited by freeranger; 06-25-20 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-25-20, 12:27 PM
Koobers

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freeranger
Found this-looks like plenty of info: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...275mrcchtxxprf
Edit--really got to be more careful reading the thread--see you already found this--appears all the tech specs are there, what does it not spec that you are looking for?
There just seems to be no info about this bike anywhere outside of Dick's Website. I was hoping someone who kept up on it more could tell what the deal is with this bike model. I was trying to research the bike, is it a good model, do people like it, who owns one, what issues have people had? Even going on the manufacturer's website does not help as they don't seem to list this model at all. So is it last year's model, was it discontinued, is it brand new for 2021? I was able to find a little info on other Ricochet's but depending on the year, that could be a BMX bike or like a 24" bike. The stuff that is more recent, however, is for a different version of the Ricochet, it's not the Ricochet X.

I just want some info on this particular version of the Ricochet because it appears to be decently equipped for the money. I understand that Dick's isn't a great place to buy a bike & they don't know what they're doing. If I did buy it, I plan on taking it to a LBS to have it looked over, it's just one of very few bikes that is actually in stock & it happens to check off the boxes for the features I was looking for. It's a 27.5" has hydraulic brakes, decent Shimano components, an air shock, & it's about what I was looking to spend. I had previously looked at the 2020 GT Avalanche Comp & liked that bike a lot but nobody has them in the size I need. According to Dick's site the Ricochet X has slightly better components than the Avalanche Comp for around the same price. I just want to find any info about this bike because outside of Dick's website it appears to be a phantom bike.
Old 06-26-20, 11:43 AM
grubetown

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Some bike company's have moved away from specific model years and this looks like a Dick's exclusive. Most people will probably review it as an entry level mountain bike. They are all very similar in that price range. If it fits, you can afford it and you have an LBS check it over, go for it
Old 06-28-20, 06:51 AM
cobba

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 53 Posts
Looks like it's a renamed 2017 - 2019 Avalanche frame.

Last edited by cobba; 06-28-20 at 07:06 AM.