Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Any Taga 2.0 owners out there?

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 01-19-19, 11:50 AM
mayacakmak

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello,

I have a second hand Taga 2.0. I had it assembled and serviced at a local bike shop. I rode in it 2-3 times and had a serious safety issue several times during all my rides. Basically the front wheels *suddenly turned all the way left/right* when going *down/up a slope* (e.g. when climbing onto a sidewalk through the curb cut). This is extremely dangerous: one time I found myself suddenly going down a steep road while I was only trying to cross parallel to it; another time turned straight onto the car road while doing up a curb cut on a bike trail). I keep seeing videos of people riding their Taga 2.0 in traffic with their child in it so they can't possibly be having this problem.

So any ideas on what might need fixing/adjusting on my bike?

Many thanks!
Old 01-22-19, 06:55 PM
cabledawg

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
So it's doing this while the handlebars stay straight ahead? If so, then I'd check the clamps at the base of the handlebars to ensure they are tight. Since I dont own one or have one available for closer inspection, I have to assume this is your problem.
Old 01-27-19, 07:10 PM
mayacakmak

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No that's not it; the clamps are tight. When the wheels suddenly turn I loose control of the handles even though I'm holding them straight pretty tightly.

Thanks for checking!