Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Wish to advance to 2-way texting from Spot

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-19, 12:48 PM
stormpeakco

Bikes: Fatback Corvus 1X12 (27.5X 2.8" & winter 26X 4.6"), Merlin Agilis 1X11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

I've been reading reviews/demos on the newer two way texting-satellite tracking units to advance from my old reliable Spot Gen 3...looking to use for occasional texting to update others "expected time of arrival/change of destination"/tracking/SOS when reliable cell coverage isn't optimal.

(Seems not one unit is ideal for all) Looking @ In Reach Mini..does anyone have any personal experience to report w/ RE: Somewear units? thanks.

Last edited by stormpeakco; 11-24-19 at 05:19 PM. Reason: move thread to more important forum