Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Thank you all !

Old 05-30-20, 05:35 PM
pattrick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Thank you all !

I was never that big but 220 lbs at 5"9' brought me here. Here I found inspiration and sympathy on my struggles. Currently I am at 185 without dieting and doing well . Just wanted to say thank you for such amazing support. I still make sure I read this section every time I log on. I guess I just wanted to say thank you for giving everyone who comes here hope and inspiration, truly a great service. Thank you all.
Old 06-04-20, 03:58 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by pattrick
I was never that big but 220 lbs at 5"9' brought me here. Here I found inspiration and sympathy on my struggles. Currently I am at 185 without dieting and doing well . Just wanted to say thank you for such amazing support. I still make sure I read this section every time I log on. I guess I just wanted to say thank you for giving everyone who comes here hope and inspiration, truly a great service. Thank you all.
Congratulations on the weight loss.
Old 06-10-20, 07:32 AM
skibum69

Bikes: 1999 Brodie JoJo 2003 Litespeed Palmares 2004 Surly 1x1 2004 Surly Steamroller 2008 Electra Super Deluxe 2008 Electra Daisy 2009 Intense VP Tracer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Good job, when I was racing bicycles I was trying so hard to get up to 200 so I could race the Clydesdale class in XC. I was sitting around 195 and just couldn't get up there with the amount of riding I was doing. I should have just drank a ton of H2O on race day to weigh in, maybe that would have done it? Sitting pretty close to 200 now but it's been a long time since I've had any interest in going racing.