Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Btwin rim brake pads

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Btwin rim brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-20, 05:08 AM
weight4it

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Btwin rim brake pads

First time I've had to replace brake pads on a rim braked bike... I've taken photos looking at the pads, correct me if I'm wrong...

1. it looks like the pads are integral to the shoes.
2. rear brake pads at least need replacing soon.

can I fit the Swiss stop / Shimano cartridge brake shoes and pads to this caliper?

Out of interest, has anyone with a btwin bike fitted upgraded calipers? for example would ultegra, dura ace calipers be a direct fit...?

rears

fronts

Also, I'm really impressed with how light and agile the btwin bike is. I think it's about 10.5-11kg.

I picked it up 2nd hand 2 years ago.
The rims were buckled slightly but I had them trued as best can.
The tyres were well worn but I only used it in the dry. 24 months later the original wheel hub bearings no longer spin freely and the rim braking surface is heavily worn.

I've just picked up a 2nd hand wheelset that I shall be fitting imminently.

Last edited by weight4it; 07-02-20 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-02-20, 05:42 AM
dabac

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1074 Post(s)
Liked 295 Times in 222 Posts
Originally Posted by weight4it
First time I've had to replace brake pads on a rim braked bike... I've taken photos looking at the pads, correct me if I'm wrong...

1. it looks like the pads are integral to the shoes.
If you look at the rear of the shoe you see a small Allen head screw. That suggests to me that you have inserts, not one-piece shoes.

can I fit the Swiss stop / Shimano cartridge brake shoes and pads to this caliper?
Most likely

Out of interest, has anyone with a btwin bike fitted upgraded calipers? for example would ultegra, dura ace calipers be a direct fit...?.
The calipers would most likely fit fork/frame.
I seem to remember something about Shimano playing silly buggers with cable pull/actuation ratio, meaning that not all calipers are a good match to all brake levers.
Likes For dabac: