Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Carbon Hybrid and Child Carrier Seats

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-20, 06:01 AM
phogi

Bikes: Specialized Singlecross, Trek 720

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all,

I've found a bike that suits what I'm looking for: a hybrid well suited to a wide range of surfaces, front suspension with lockout, and as lightweight as possible considering the suspension.

So I'm looking at the Specialized Crosstrail Carbon Elite. I'm very excited about this bike and have a line on one for a decent price.

I do have one concern: I've never had a carbon bike before and am not familiar with any limitations of the material (if they still exist). I have a rear child seat, that is a type that attaches to the vertical frame tube and then hangs over the back wheel, like the CyclingDeal Bike Kids child seat (sorry, can't post the url due to not having enough prior posts)

My kid is 30 pounds but will ride in the seat until he hits its weight limit at around 40 pounds, at which point I'll likely opt for a tandem-style trailer. Would this type of attachment cause damage to a carbon frame?

I considered that my concern could be remedied by buying a long seat tube, but that's as far as my mind has gone on the issue. Thoughts?