Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Simple Virtual Spin Classes from My Now Closed Gym

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-20, 05:59 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts

My local gym (Olney MD) had to close like all gyms, but 7 of the instructors who do spin, Zumba, Yoga, etc. classes quickly figured out how to create a group on Facebook, use Facebook Live (or in some cases Zoom) and have set up a schedule of virtual/remote workouts for free.

Spin is a bit tougher, as not everyone has an indoor bike/trainer setup. Some do, some are running on a treadmill to the spin music/leader - not sure anyone is biking on a treadmill!

I used my Zwift setup and joined the spin class last night. Ran the Wahoo Fitness app on my Android phone to directly control my Wahoo Kickr Snap trainer, ran Facebook on an iPad and used AirPlay to have audio/video show up on the Apple TV setup I usually use for Zwift - worked great.

I use my old Trek 520 touring bike on that setup for Zwift - the bars are low and not an optimal setup for the standing stuff spin instructors like to mix in. I mainly sat for those. But a nice change from Zwifting and a fun way to connect to the local community folks who are all socially distancing!

And some very funny moments where the spin instructor's cat plopped down in front of the camera, was removed and returned to try to bite the legs of the instructor...