Ever wonder?

Old 04-05-20, 12:14 AM
Frankenbike27

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Ever wonder?

On a E-bike the traffic controls you, always have to watch out. with the coronavirus the streets and highways are empty here in Nova Scotia, i can zig zag across the Trans-Canada highway anytime, i own the town streets! Why? i live alone, i sterilize everything i touch leaving the apartment and back again and rarely meet anyone, when i do i keep my distance. it is like an apocalyptic movie. Do not get me wrong i know all the suffering, people dying, animal shelters having to put all their animals to death, nobody to care for them, it hurts me but for an hour or so i'm the only human on the planet.
Old 04-05-20, 03:45 AM
cb400bill
Inoxidable Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL 2.1, Cannondale Synapse, Raleigh C50, Trek 710, Raleigh Granada, Legnano Pista, Viscount Aerospace Pro

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 1896 Post(s)
Liked 1,216 Times in 761 Posts
Thread moved from E-Bikes forum to Covid-19 forum.
Old 04-05-20, 05:02 AM
Tony P.

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankenbike27 View Post
On a E-bike the traffic controls you, always have to watch out. with the coronavirus the streets and highways are empty here in Nova Scotia, i can zig zag across the Trans-Canada highway anytime, i own the town streets! Why? i live alone, i sterilize everything i touch leaving the apartment and back again and rarely meet anyone, when i do i keep my distance. it is like an apocalyptic movie. Do not get me wrong i know all the suffering, people dying, animal shelters having to put all their animals to death, nobody to care for them, it hurts me but for an hour or so i'm the only human on the planet.
It's liberating to feel that way but keep in mind that the most dangerous time is when two people think there's no one else around.
Likes For Tony P.:
Old 07-10-20, 10:40 PM
Frankenbike27

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Yep
Old 07-11-20, 06:25 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11386 Post(s)
Liked 3,025 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony P. View Post
It's liberating to feel that way but keep in mind that the most dangerous time is when two people think there's no one else around.
There was an increase in accidents and lawlessness traffic wise when people started staying home because a lot people thought they could do anything and get away with it. Itís really crazy now because more people are back on the road AND you still have a greater number of people driving like maniacs and ignoring things like red lights. A couple of weeks ago I got the green light to cross an intersection. Three approaching vehicles went through the red light. I pretty much now wait for cross traffic to stop when the light changes rather than taking it on faith that it will. The overwhelming majority of my trips are by bike or foot. Iíve definitely noticed a difference.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 07-11-20, 06:28 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11386 Post(s)
Liked 3,025 Times in 1,683 Posts
And if you want to talk fun...Last year while touring in Montana I rode two sections of I-90 that were closed. Not sure if I was allowed on them, but I took the chance because the alternatives were unacceptable.