Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Just *****ing about Trek

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Just *****ing about Trek

Old 07-13-20, 12:27 PM
alanf

Bikes: Devinci Millenium, Gary Fisher Joshua

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dsbrantjr
The manual for my '67 VW Beetle even had a useable explanation of how to use the clutch and shift the gears, and how avoiding "very fast, racy-sporty driving" would maximize fuel economy. You could buy from the dealer a very comprehensive shop manual, complete with well-exposed and intelligently retouched illustrations with guys in lab coats in a spotless, white-tiled service bay showing exactly how the operations should be done, and with exactly which tool. You could change the spark plugs and oil, install and adjust a fan belt (vital on an air-cooled motor), adjust the valves (solid lifters) and change a tire with the tools in the little cloth tool roll and the excellent frame jack provided.
A friend had a "bug" he borrowed off Dad. I recall when the throttle cable broke, we ran a rope out the driver's side window, along the side of the car to the bumper, around that into the engine compartment and attached it to the throttle. He sat in the car put the throttle 'rope' in his hand and around his shoulder. So he leaned forward to speed up and then backed off (leaned back) to reduce the throttle to shift gears. It was pure heaven for a young guy and we all hooted our appreciation for the spectacle. Lot of good laughs in that car! Hitler's Revenge.
Old 07-13-20, 12:36 PM
dsbrantjr

Bikes: '93 Trek 750, '92 Schwinn Crisscross, '93 Mongoose Alta

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1438 Post(s)
Liked 1,092 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf
A friend had a "bug" he borrowed off Dad. I recall when the throttle cable broke, we ran a rope out the driver's side window, along the side of the car to the bumper, around that into the engine compartment and attached it to the throttle. He sat in the car put the throttle 'rope' in his hand and around his shoulder. So he leaned forward to speed up and then backed off (leaned back) to reduce the throttle to shift gears. It was pure heaven for a young guy and we all hooted our appreciation for the spectacle. Lot of good laughs in that car! Hitler's Revenge.
Beetles were great for field-expedient fixes. I replaced another driver's V-belt (it runs the cooling fan so no driving without it) with the leg of a pair of pantyhose cut and knotted, and a buddy got his home with a failed fuel pump by duct-taping a quart Colt 45 bottle full of gas to the roof and running a piece of aquarium tubing to the carb inlet. I have started mine with a weak battery by pushing it in neutral, then jumping in, putting it into second gear and letting out the clutch.
Old 07-13-20, 12:43 PM
LeftyS7

Bikes: Giant Explore E-2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Elbeinlaw
My wife and I bought new Treks, the first new bikes we've bought in years. They have all this new (to us) technology: Bluetooth, disc brakes, hydraulic braking systems, spindle (?) quick releases … So I thought that of course there would be instruction manuals.

Nope. Not hard copy. Not on line. So I called Trek and asked for a maintenance or repair manual.

They don't have one. I have to call each individual component manufacturer. WTF? That's the bright shining future I have survived into, where manufacturers' customer "support" consultants can just say, "We don't owe that to you, go call each of the the components manufacturers"? Don't get me wrong, I understand that they use whatever components are available, and can't predict where they will be from or what the best combinations will be as the market changes. But if wire disk brakes are wire disk brakes, and hydraulic disk brakes are hydraulic disk brakes, it's not their responsibility to me as their customer to make sure they get me some general information about how to adjust these damn things?

I'm really disgusted.
Same thing with Giant! My major complaint with them.
Old 07-13-20, 12:44 PM
alanf

Bikes: Devinci Millenium, Gary Fisher Joshua

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 13 Posts
The manual for my '67 VW Beetle even had a useable explanation of how to use the clutch and shift the gears, and how avoiding "very fast, racy-sporty driving" would maximize fuel economy. You could buy from the dealer a very comprehensive shop manual, complete with well-exposed and intelligently retouched illustrations with guys in lab coats in a spotless, white-tiled service bay showing exactly how the operations should be done, and with exactly which tool. You could change the spark plugs and oil, install and adjust a fan belt (vital on an air-cooled motor), adjust the valves (solid lifters) and change a tire with the tools in the little cloth tool roll and the excellent frame jack provided.
Beetles were great for field-expedient fixes. I replaced another driver's V-belt (it runs the cooling fan so no driving without it) with the leg of a pair of pantyhose cut and knotted, and a buddy got his home with a failed fuel pump by duct-taping a quart Colt 45 bottle full of gas to the roof and running a piece of aquarium tubing to the carb inlet. I have started mine with a weak battery by pushing it in neutral, then jumping in, putting it into second gear and letting out the clutch.
So where did you get the panty hose.... Just Kidding!

Those cars were such a joy and easy to fix and thus the title "Folks Wagon".
The old vans have become a cult around here with some oldies still used and prices are still a bit high. My Dad had one for his drug store complete with wooden shelves in the back for his customer's packages.
I saw a sticker on a newer VW van that said;
"Volkswagon - Making better mechanics out of drivers for 50 years"

Last edited by alanf; 07-13-20 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-13-20, 12:51 PM
Steeler_fanatic

Bikes: 2022 Trek Émonda SLR 6 eTap, 2018 Trek Domane ALR 5, 1974 Batavis Tour de l’Europe

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 13 Posts
Generally you can find whatever you need online for maintaining your bike. I have a Trek also and have not had any issues getting information. It's true that it is not nicely packaged, but it is there.
Likes For Steeler_fanatic:
Old 07-13-20, 01:57 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by alanf
I recall when the throttle cable broke, we ran a rope out the driver's side window, along the side of the car to the bumper, around that into the engine compartment and attached it to the throttle. He sat in the car put the throttle 'rope' in his hand and around his shoulder. So he leaned forward to speed up and then backed off (leaned back) to reduce the throttle to shift gears. It was pure heaven for a young guy and we all hooted our appreciation for the spectacle.
I snapped a throttle cable once on a 125cc scooter. Had a small tool kit with me, and luckily the cable snapped near the twist grip, so I was able to make it home (riding through the city center) by pulling on the bare cable end with a pair of pliers. I was pretty proud of that...
Likes For robertorolfo:
Old 07-13-20, 02:15 PM
twowheelies

Bikes: 2021 Roubaix, 2003 Bianchi San Lorenzo, 2018 Specialized Crosstrail, 1994 Diamondback Master,

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
I overhauled my '94 Diamondback Master within the last year and found the internet to be super helpful... Sheldon Brown's database especially, but just general youtube tutorials as well. I also have a mid 2000's Bianchi that i recently acquired, and the tutorials posted by park tools, youtube regulars and just random individuals have really helped me keep going through the last few months, when a lot of LBSs were closed due to the pandemic.

I also have a recent model specialized cross trail with all of the newer tech, but the LBS had a one-year free maintenance deal when i bought it, so i haven't had to dig into that yet. Are there no similar youtubes regarding these newer technologies?
Likes For twowheelies:
Old 07-13-20, 02:36 PM
Bill in VA

Bikes: Current: 2016 Bianchi Volpe; 1973 Peugeot UO-8. Past: 1974 Fuji S-10-S with custom black Imron paint by Stinsman Racing of PA.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by ljsense
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Just about any eg. Campy part I've bought comes with a User Manual. Eg. a replacement FD I bought came with a 47page printed manual (English portion, a couple other languages as well in addition). Is the same the case with Shimano parts? I presume that what we're discussing is the fact that Shimano and others don't supply those same manuals to the bike manufacturers, or if they do, the bike manufacturers for some reason aren't putting them in the bike box that ships to the LBS?
My 2016 Bianchi Volpe, bought new at a local bike shop came with a small manual for every Shimano component in a plastic bag along with the manuals for the safety reflectors, tires, etc. As the Shimano manuals were in a tiny typefont, I just went to the Shimano website and downloaded them all so I could reference them at a readable magnification on my iPad or PC. The same website also had the interchange/compatibility info that is essential for Shimano components and parts. That along with a Park repair book was enough to transition me from the days of freewheels and JIS square taper cranks to the new Hollowtech II, threadless stems, etc. The shop also had a stem swap policy for small alterations, as long as the stem was UNscratched or UNmarred and of compatible size with the OEM bars, and a free post sale tune-up.

I have purchased factory (not a Haynes or Chilton mess) repair manuals for all my vehicles from my first 1965 VW bug up to my Hyundai Santa Fe. Some were quite expensive, but either from use in doing repairs, or gaining knowledge to know when I would be in too deep, or knowing when a garage was trying to do a lube job on the vehicle owner, all paid for themselves many times over and do sell very well on eBay. Often knowing your limits (in skills, in available downtime, or in tools) is invaluable.

That applies to bikes for new owners (or as with myself dealing with the new bike technologies) as alloy and carbon parts and fasteners are not forgiving of ham-handedness. .

Last edited by Bill in VA; 07-13-20 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-13-20, 02:49 PM
unikid

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 23 Posts
Thank you for asking. We bought two Trek Verve "Low Entry" bikes
I assume you have something like this? https://www.dannyscycles.com/product...p-379736-1.htm

when I removed and replaced the quick release front wheel on my wife's bike, the brake pads were jammed. I figured it out (largely because I'd seen a disk-brake-unjammer tool on the internet and wondered, "Gee, I wonder what that's for?") So I figured out how to do that, but I'm going to have to work throught the disk brake technology.

The bigger challenge came next. I went to quick release the wheels on my bike, a Verge 3. I'd never seen anything like it: quick release on one side and an attached-to-the-frame nut on the other side. Maybe this is new technology as of 30 years ago, maybe it's proprietary--I have no way of knowing. In fact--and here's the main point--I don't know what to call it, so looking it up didn't work. If I had a manual, with an identification of parts, I'd have been able to identify what it was. And to look it up.

Now, I know as sure as I'm living (if you can call this living) that one of you is going to tell me what the damn thing is called, other than all of the things I've called it in about 3 different languages. Or, equally beside the point, tell me how to use the quick release. I'd appreciate the advice, but that's not the point I'm making. .
In the link I shared above, I can see in the pictures the odd front wheel nut as you describe. I've never seen this before either. Scrolling down on the same page I see under the Fork description a reference to "ThruSkew 5mm QR". Very strange. Googling for "ThruSkew" led me to this article, which talks about dealing with that axle, and apparently the same disk brake issue you also encountered:

https://www.******.com/r/bicycling/c...f_a_2020_trek/

Based on these findings I wholeheartedly agree with you that stuff like this should be covered in the Trek manuals. Absent this the shop staff should have given you a 10 minute run-through of all the non-standard bits and bobs on your bike before they sent you on your way.
Likes For unikid:
Old 07-13-20, 10:04 PM
Mcarver49

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
YouTube, everything you need is there.
Old 07-14-20, 08:26 AM
Elbeinlaw

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 68 Posts
Boycot MBAs!

Originally Posted by robbiesd
company reaching a majority market share, a position that allows them to do as they please and in this case, it's chasing the bottom line instead of providing good customer service.
I absolutely agree. Except it's not just Trek. It's damn near everyone in the marketplace. And it's been this way since the 80's, I think. That coincides with a whole generation of people getting into business who for the first time didn't have experience that qualified them, they had MBAs. What's one thing not on the MBA course of study? Customer service.
Old 07-14-20, 08:34 AM
Elbeinlaw

YouTube isn't an Oracle

Originally Posted by Mcarver49
YouTube, everything you need is there.
The way an Oracle worked, you walked in and it answered your question (after the appropriate sacrifices, of course) even if wasn't the question you thought you had. But YouTube only works if you know what your question is. You have to have some level of sophisticated knowledge to get to the fine points that YouTube might address. Two examples of how this (doesn't) work(s):

1. That non-quick-release-quick release I mentioned above. I didn't know what it was called. It's not possible to look for something when you don't have a clue what it is.

2. Today while riding I wanted to adjust the angle of my seat. I got out my multitool, went to the seatpost and found not ONE bolt as was usual, but two. Neither seemed to actually loosen. I don't know what the piece is called. I don't know how to look it up on YouTube.

If Trek--or Specialized or Giant or anyone else--is using these kinds of fittings, they're using them on hundreds of thousands of bikes. There's no reason not to put it on line, in a TREK OWNER'S site. I shouldn't have to rely on YouTube. Not attacking you, McCarver, but to my mind anyone who says that the answer to everything is "YouTube" is part of the problem: accepting that companies can avoid any responsibility for their products.

(My last comment: Ironically, I was reviewing a Terms of Service document for a client last night, and it had the "we disclaim any liability for our product working" language. I wrote a big angry red NO!!! in the margin. That's not the law. And it's not acceptable behavior.)
Old 07-14-20, 08:44 AM
Elbeinlaw

Unikid:

Thanks for the link and video and more importantly, the terminology. It was really helpful.

What's interesting is that I called Trek about this new non-quick-release-quick-release, and their little expert told me that I had to loosen the quick release lever and then take out the bolt and screw on the other side. This was not only wrong, it was a total PITA.

And that's why they need to publish a manual, so that I don't have to rely on the people they have in customer service.
Old 07-14-20, 09:44 AM
Eggman84

Bikes: 2014 Bruce Gordon Rock&Road, 1995 Santana Visa Tandem, 1990 Trek 520, 2012 Surly LHT

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
I am totally into returning to the 60s, 70s, even the 80s when we got actual manuals for everything (and before we had complicated things like cell phones, PCs, "modern" cars that last more than 100k miles etc). I loved AT&T, they really new how to work with their costumers. And who can complain about Schwinn- they new how to take care of their customers with an owners manual (or course you might complain that there consumer devices where boat anchors masquerading as BSOs). Think we need to recognize the world is more complicated and the owners manuals of yestyear aren't really feasible for many things today. But a good rant is timeless.

Karl - who is thankful to those that spend time making YouTube videos on some really obscure repairs on all sorts of things.
Old 07-14-20, 10:07 AM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

I absolutely agree. Except it's not just Trek. It's damn near everyone in the marketplace. And it's been this way since the 80's, I think. That coincides with a whole generation of people getting into business who for the first time didn't have experience that qualified them, they had MBAs. What's one thing not on the MBA course of study? Customer service.
I have an MBA... and I agree with you! Definitely too many people thinking they can be effective managers even though they have never had their 'boots on the ground.' People trying to run (or buy) businesses that they don't truly understand.

Plus, a lot of sectors in the business world are getting messed up by the startup/venture capital culture. New companies coming in that don't make any money (because profitability isn't considered essential early on), and pushing established businesses out of the market. They are operating at huge losses, and yet their founders and management are being lauded by the media...
Old 07-14-20, 12:05 PM
Elbeinlaw

Sorry about that

Originally Posted by robertorolfo
I have an MBA
Didn't mean to trash your profession. But it has been interesting to watch the rise of MBAs at every Tom, Dick & Harry formerly-community-college-now-"University" dovetail with chaos in the S&L Crisis, then again in a 90s bust, then again in 2008. And in general in the Wall Street Culture. It's been devastating. Not saying MBAs are to blame (though I think there's some blame there) but certainly old traditional business culture that accepts MBAs as an experience-equivalent is to blame. Maybe it's the problem of MBAs only trusting other MBAs. [Shrug.] They're like tribbles, maybe. (Not as cute. Not as cuddly. But make the same noises.)

Anyway … I saw your name come up on line today in comments about a guy who was possibly infringing the trade name of another on-line bike mechanic. I knew I recognized it. No comment on the merits, just that I recognized it. Funny how small the world is.
Old 07-14-20, 12:10 PM
Jan Feetz
de oranje

Bikes: ItalVega, Guerciotti SLX, Litespeed T1, Oma Fiets

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
The way an Oracle worked, you walked in and it answered your question (after the appropriate sacrifices, of course) even if wasn't the question you thought you had. But YouTube only works if you know what your question is. You have to have some level of sophisticated knowledge to get to the fine points that YouTube might address. Two examples of how this (doesn't) work(s):

1. That non-quick-release-quick release I mentioned above. I didn't know what it was called. It's not possible to look for something when you don't have a clue what it is.

2. Today while riding I wanted to adjust the angle of my seat. I got out my multitool, went to the seatpost and found not ONE bolt as was usual, but two. Neither seemed to actually loosen. I don't know what the piece is called. I don't know how to look it up on YouTube.

If Trek--or Specialized or Giant or anyone else--is using these kinds of fittings, they're using them on hundreds of thousands of bikes. There's no reason not to put it on line, in a TREK OWNER'S site. I shouldn't have to rely on YouTube. Not attacking you, McCarver, but to my mind anyone who says that the answer to everything is "YouTube" is part of the problem: accepting that companies can avoid any responsibility for their products.

(My last comment: Ironically, I was reviewing a Terms of Service document for a client last night, and it had the "we disclaim any liability for our product working" language. I wrote a big angry red NO!!! in the margin. That's not the law. And it's not acceptable behavior.)
Take it back to the LBS. They should have done those adjustments for you. Surprised that they did not.
Old 07-14-20, 12:21 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2362 Post(s)
Liked 1,745 Times in 1,189 Posts
I thought MBA was a degree, not a profession .
Old 07-14-20, 12:22 PM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 580 Times in 398 Posts
[QUOTE=dedhed;21575872]Did you get a repair manual with your car?
Hahaha! No, but when I bought my first car (a 1973 Plymouth "Duster"), the first thing I did was to send off for the factory service manual. It was like a telephone book, and had details for every kind of repair imaginable. I adjusted the valves (198 cubic inch slant-six) and repacked the front wheel bearings every 10,000 miles. Can't do that today! (Luckily don't need to!)
Likes For sweeks:
Old 07-14-20, 12:32 PM
LeftyS7

Bikes: Giant Explore E-2

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
[QUOTE

I have purchased factory (not a Haynes or Chilton mess) repair manuals for all my vehicles from my first 1965 VW bug up to my Hyundai Santa Fe. Some were quite expensive, but either from use in doing repairs, or gaining knowledge to know when I would be in too deep, or knowing when a garage was trying to do a lube job on the vehicle owner, all paid for themselves many times over and do sell very well on eBay. Often knowing your limits (in skills, in available downtime, or in tools) is invaluable.
That applies to bikes for new owners (or as with myself dealing with the new bike technologies) as alloy and carbon parts and fasteners are not forgiving of ham-handedness. .[/QUOTE]

Printed manuals are no longer available for most new automobiles. They are all on a service computer rarely, if ever, available on line.

I am like you, but I'd have a Chilton AND Hayes manual along with the factory one.
Likes For LeftyS7:
Old 07-14-20, 04:34 PM
Geezerdan

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
It's getting so many things no longer come with a manual. My new electric stove for example...gotta go on line to figure out how to set the timer. I wonder if the bike parts suppliers have schematics and instructions on line?
Old 07-15-20, 10:18 AM
robertorolfo

Didn't mean to trash your profession. But it has been interesting to watch the rise of MBAs at every Tom, Dick & Harry formerly-community-college-now-"University" dovetail with chaos in the S&L Crisis, then again in a 90s bust, then again in 2008. And in general in the Wall Street Culture. It's been devastating. Not saying MBAs are to blame (though I think there's some blame there) but certainly old traditional business culture that accepts MBAs as an experience-equivalent is to blame. Maybe it's the problem of MBAs only trusting other MBAs. [Shrug.] They're like tribbles, maybe. (Not as cute. Not as cuddly. But make the same noises.)
Anyway … I saw your name come up on line today in comments about a guy who was possibly infringing the trade name of another on-line bike mechanic. I knew I recognized it. No comment on the merits, just that I recognized it. Funny how small the world is.
Oh, I know about the trouble with tribbles...

Seriously though, I wasn't offended at all. An MBA is just a degree, and as you indicated they aren't particularly hard to get at many schools. Like every degree, it's worthless unless the degree holder knows how to put what they learned into practice. But too many people, including HR professionals, put blind faith in the presence of certain titles regardless of the substance that is actually behind them.

As for Wall Street Culture, it is indeed deplorable for the most part. I used to work on Wall Street off of Wall Street (because you don't physically have to be there these days), and I can tell you that the vast majority of people I encountered think that Gordon Gekko was the hero of the famous movie, not the villain.
Likes For robertorolfo:
Old 07-15-20, 12:14 PM
ljsense

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 92 Posts
I've been engaged in the prosecution of financial and consumer fraud now for almost 20 years.
I can't take this thread anymore.

This case comes down to a well-educated attorney who experienced frustration after buying a pair of bicycles and decided to make spurious accusations against the manufacturer and call for an angry pitch-fork mob.

He said that Trek does not have product manuals. The evidence shows that is false. He said that Trek does not have a YouTube channel. The evidence shows that is false.

After being presented with both facts, he claimed the manuals had no useful information. In fact, as the evidence shows, the manual specifically says to be careful not to depress a hydraulic brake lever when the wheel is off.

I ask you, ladies and gentleman, is this the behavior that the public should expect when we hire an attorney to represent our interests? Or is this the behavior of one entitled man who had a frustrating day and is looking to cast blame?

Do we not want an advocate who will always tell the truth? Do we not want an advocate with responsibility and foresight -- who might, upon buying bicycles for the first time in many years, ask in advance for instruction and help before remitting payment?

It's no wonder why Wall Street and many corporations are running wild. Trek should read this thread and sue for libel.
Likes For ljsense:
Old 07-15-20, 01:37 PM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2362 Post(s)
Liked 1,745 Times in 1,189 Posts
Now I remember why I stopped watching lawyer shows on TV.
Likes For madpogue:
Old 07-15-20, 06:50 PM
Elbeinlaw

First: It isn't liability; Second: it isn't true

Originally Posted by Trakhak
With the usual possibility of rare exceptions, the manuals provided by bike manufacturers have never offered anything other than generic information, including in the era before frivolous lawsuits became commonplace.
The liability argument is bogus. The liability argument and its near cousin, the "plaintiff's lawyers" argument, are both made up as an excuse for political agendas. Regretably, though false, they've justified the unjustifiable.

Second, it's not true that "the manuals provided by bike manufacturers NEVER ..." Etc. Several people above have reported excellent manuals. And strictly by accident, I happened on the manual for my Fuji Absolut, purchased in 2009. It has a manual with descriptions and drawings of all of the significant parts. Including the quick releases, by the way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.