Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Shimano Road Shoe Sizing

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Shimano Road Shoe Sizing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-20, 10:15 AM
noOriginalNames

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks for the additional input guys. I ended up buying a couple of sizes and I will see what fits. I am a little concerned about the potential lack of padding in the tongue area and how that will work out with my lumpy foot, but I won't know until I try them on.
Old 04-30-20, 12:49 PM
procrit
carbon is too light

Bikes: Yes.

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 159 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
If it can help, I wear 10.5 to 11 in my shoes and I use size 45 shimano road shoes. It's aligned with the company's sizing chart.
Same. I also wear 45 in both Shimano and Sidi. The toe box in the Shimano is larger and more comfortable though.
Old 05-01-20, 07:12 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by procrit
Same. I also wear 45 in both Shimano and Sidi. The toe box in the Shimano is larger and more comfortable though.
Though I would have gotten a 45.5 if the size had been available when I purchased my current shoes. I took them just a little too tight (as I do with all my shoes), but I hadn't realized these would not stretch over time like sneakers or other type of shoes. Road shoes are stiff...

I am thinking of buying a pair of RC7s on sale in a nearby store, and I think I'll be trying a 45.5 or 46.

Shimano says 45 = 10.5 to 11 US and 45.5 = 11 US.
Old 05-01-20, 08:09 AM
procrit
carbon is too light

Bikes: Yes.

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 159 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
Though I would have gotten a 45.5 if the size had been available when I purchased my current shoes. I took them just a little too tight (as I do with all my shoes), but I hadn't realized these would not stretch over time like sneakers or other type of shoes. Road shoes are stiff...

I am thinking of buying a pair of RC7s on sale in a nearby store, and I think I'll be trying a 45.5 or 46.

Shimano says 45 = 10.5 to 11 US and 45.5 = 11 US.
I think the 45 is closer to a 10.5 than an 11. Make sure you bring cycling socks to test fit, cotton socks felt fine in a 45.5 for me, but with thin cycling socks it was definitely too big.