Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Kyrgyzstan

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Kyrgyzstan

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-09, 10:42 PM
wer

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Kyrgyzstan

Hi everyone!

I'm living in Kyrgyzstan at the moment, though I'm from South America. Just doing some volunteer jobs in not for profit organizations during the last 5 years.

I recently bought a cheap Chinese mountain bike (the brand is Picker) to ride in my free time. I didn't use it much though since I bought it.

In my school and college years I used to ride the bike everywhere, for any reason. I would even ride to the cafeteria, which was close to the boardings, instead of walking as everyone else. I used to ride on the road alone or with my brother or someone else about 30-40 km once or twice a week.

Now it's been a long time, I feel really weak pedaling, and don't have the time to train as before. But was hoping to enjoy it again, specially in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan (I actually live by the Tian Shan chain, rising almost 5000 m above the sea level), at least some descents (no way I would be able to ride uphill, better drive the car) to feel the speed.

I'd also like to do some tourist rides near the Issyk kul lake, the 2nd highest alpine lake in the world. There are some companies advertising some tours of several days crossing some forests, mountains, rivers, etc. It might be very interesting. But first I must get back in shape.

Ok, I don't think we will meet over here since most of the people who visit the forum seem to be from North America, but in any case, I'll enjoy reading the threads and communicating through the forum.

Best regards to all of you!
Old 08-13-09, 11:49 PM
TamaraEden

Bikes: TREK WSD 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wer
Hi everyone!

I'm living in Kyrgyzstan at the moment, though I'm from South America. Just doing some volunteer jobs in not for profit organizations during the last 5 years.

I recently bought a cheap Chinese mountain bike (the brand is Picker) to ride in my free time. I didn't use it much though since I bought it.

In my school and college years I used to ride the bike everywhere, for any reason. I would even ride to the cafeteria, which was close to the boardings, instead of walking as everyone else. I used to ride on the road alone or with my brother or someone else about 30-40 km once or twice a week.

Now it's been a long time, I feel really weak pedaling, and don't have the time to train as before. But was hoping to enjoy it again, specially in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan (I actually live by the Tian Shan chain, rising almost 5000 m above the sea level), at least some descents (no way I would be able to ride uphill, better drive the car) to feel the speed.

I'd also like to do some tourist rides near the Issyk kul lake, the 2nd highest alpine lake in the world. There are some companies advertising some tours of several days crossing some forests, mountains, rivers, etc. It might be very interesting. But first I must get back in shape.

Ok, I don't think we will meet over here since most of the people who visit the forum seem to be from North America, but in any case, I'll enjoy reading the threads and communicating through the forum.

Best regards to all of you!
My cousin spent a few years there while in the Peace Corps
Old 08-14-09, 12:15 AM
Johnny_Monkey
Studs Terkel

Bikes: Pinarello Paris; Avanti Blade Comp; Tommasini X-Fire; Merckx San Remo 76.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Kazakhstan so we're neighbours. Sort of.

No mountains around here though. I think the nearest hills are in Georgia about 500km away.
Old 08-14-09, 08:36 AM
CbadRider

Bikes: Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome to Bike Forums. It sounds like you ride in some beautiful areas that not a lot of us in North America will ever see. If you take any photos on your rides, be sure to share them with us.

Forum Guidelines *click here*