Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Eastern Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking for Nova Scotia Bike Friends

Search
Notices
Eastern Canada New Brunswick | Newfoundland and Labrador | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-19, 10:28 AM
StrongSeventy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Nova Scotia seems to be the nadir of cycling activity. I have been biking au solitaire all through the long Winter and now that Spring? has arrived it would be nice to ride, talk bike, and share ideas with others. Is there anyone in the Annapolis Valley with similar ideas? Contact me through Bike Forums. Thanks!!....Pieter
Old 04-21-19, 10:37 AM
MarkUK82

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you ever checked out the HeartLand Tour? its amazing.. Its in July. 100% free.. goes around NS. I usually just do the Lunenburg leg. 90KM with a great lunch in the harbor. 200-500 people show up for each leg.. Lunenburg is the busiest.
Old 09-17-19, 11:12 AM
canamdad

Bikes: 1980 Mercian Pro steel, 2005 Specialized Roubaix, 2016 Norco Search, 2018 Ritchey Breakaway, 2019 Giant Defy

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I don't live in NS but was out there visiting this summer and had a great ride with the Centennial Cycling Club in Kentville/Wolfville area. Really nice folks- just google them and see if it's something you're interested in.
Old 03-08-20, 10:34 PM
Crosis

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Try the cape breton highlands. Good ride.

Last edited by Crosis; 03-10-20 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-18-20, 03:32 AM
daviddavieboy

Bikes: I have a few

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked 210 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by StrongSeventy
Nova Scotia seems to be the nadir of cycling activity. I have been biking au solitaire all through the long Winter and now that Spring? has arrived it would be nice to ride, talk bike, and share ideas with others. Is there anyone in the Annapolis Valley with similar ideas? Contact me through Bike Forums. Thanks!!....Pieter
There are lots of rides happening all over the province during the year. I Live in NB near Fredericton and come to the fondo in Baie St Marie. Last time I was there there was over 1000 riders. In my area cycling is quite good in the summer and there are group rides 4 or 5 times a week, It is certainly not as popular in the valley but I know many cyclists closer to HFX and have done LOTS of riding down there. If you are ever up my way message me.
Old 10-13-20, 10:11 AM
Axel93

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lots of nice roads and trails, especially in the fall with the leaves. Great way to spend a sunny but chilly fall morning.
Old 04-10-21, 08:06 PM
Kubotafan

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StrongSeventy
Where in the Annapolis Valley do you live? I am in Wilmot but not much of a rider. I hope to condition myself to be able to do more biking.