Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Yokota Yosemite Comp

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Yokota Yosemite Comp

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 08:37 AM
HSean

Bikes: Many. Ralieigh sports`s, Raleigh Superbe, sears Spaceliner, Firestone supercruisers, many vintage mountain bikes, random cruisers, and other unique bikes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Yokota Yosemite Comp

I found this bike in the garbage, some parts are broken but it seem like a good high end bicycle, anyone know if it's worth fixing? I kinda rather old bikes, I have a rockymountain, it sucks, it broke easy, the bottom bracket is dead and both disc break's fluid went away.
Old 09-24-08, 09:28 AM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I used to sell Yokotas back in the early 90's. Great value, rode quite well for the time. It might be a bit flexy, but other than that it should take modern parts if you need to make repairs.
Old 09-24-08, 10:46 AM
HSean

Bikes: Many. Ralieigh sports`s, Raleigh Superbe, sears Spaceliner, Firestone supercruisers, many vintage mountain bikes, random cruisers, and other unique bikes.

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Thanks for the info, the paints a intresting color to lol it has no bottom bracket, a shifters broke, shocks have no spring left would need new paint, but most the parts are there, I got some nice rims for it, I think it's a nice piece though, well made
Old 09-24-08, 11:34 AM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Bikes: Titus El Guapo, Misfit diSSent, Cervelo Soloist Carbon, Wabi Lightning, et al.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It should take a modern BB/crank. I don't know if I would bother with a suspension fork for it. Rigid SS maybe?
Old 09-24-08, 02:37 PM
mtnbiker66
Old School Rad

Bikes: Blur LT

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I remember mine welll..........it was awesome.
Old 09-24-08, 08:43 PM
HSean

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I just remembered I have a nice old pair of rockshocks, proberly from around the same year, they would go well with it, as for that color, well not to sure what I wanna do lol
Old 06-29-19, 04:11 PM
Nu2Miele

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Yokota bicycle information.

Originally Posted by pinkrobe
I used to sell Yokotas back in the early 90's. Great value, rode quite well for the time. It might be a bit flexy, but other than that it should take modern parts if you need to make repairs.
Hi, I have an old Yokota El Capitan in my garage (way to small for me, Rapidfire shifters, mainly DX group), but also have access to an old Granite Peak. Is the Granite Peak essentially the same quality as the El Capitab, but with lower quality components?
Old 06-29-19, 09:34 PM
pinkrobe
DNPAIMFB

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nu2Miele
Hi, I have an old Yokota El Capitan in my garage (way to small for me, Rapidfire shifters, mainly DX group), but also have access to an old Granite Peak. Is the Granite Peak essentially the same quality as the El Capitab, but with lower quality components?
/
Wow, that's going back a ways. Yes?
Old 07-07-19, 07:13 PM
Nu2Miele

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
HI, sorry for my tardiness but my notifications had been turned "off". Yes the old El Capitan must have been from the late 1980's or early 1990's. It had pink lettering and the infamous "smoke" finish over white. The fork on it could pass as a suspension fork: a very robust triple clamp, and large diameter tube legs and Spinner drop-outs. There are no manufacturer's marks on it. I may just steal the components and wheels for a different bike. A shame really because it is such a nice little bike.