Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Alamedan, long-time cyclist

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-08, 03:47 PM
goldcoastjon

Bikes: 52 x 54 cm Eisentraut steel road bike, 51 x 55 cm Windsor Pro (Eroica bike) , 1972 53 x 57 cm Peugeot UO-18 mixte town bike/"truck." UNBUILT FRAMES: 1974 52.5 x 57 cm Jack Taylor Tour of Britain, 1964 52 x 54 Super Mondia, 1979/80 Raleigh Record Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Greetings from Alameda, California, where we've lived and cycled since 1997.

I'm 56, and have been a cyclist for 50 years, since my first blue Schwinn Stingray. I've been a bike activist for over 30 years, ridden centuries, two AIDS rides (AIDS/LifeCycle 1 and 2), and was lucky enough to marry a fellow cyclist, Linda Hudson, in 1988.

I've owned a Phillips 3-speed, a Bianchi (my first derailleur bike, w/ 10 speeds), several Peugeots (UO-8, PX-10LEs, and my current town bike, my mother's former UO-18 mixte), two Raleigh Pro Mark IVs, two TREKs (a steel road bike and a 2000 aluminum road bike), and my current Eisentraut road steed. I love Campagnolo components, steel frames, and leather saddles, and I live for fast descents on a stable bike.

I belong to a bike-friendly church (St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal Church, in San Francisco: www.saintgregorys.org) that includes several other well-supported AIDS ride veterans.

Blessings,

Jon
Old 08-07-08, 09:07 PM
East Hill
Lanky Lass

Location: Take a deep breath, and ask--What would Sheldon do?

Bikes: Nishiki Nut! International, Pro, Olympic 12, Sport mixte, and others too numerous to mention.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Oh, you sound like a cyclist after my own heart .

What are you going to do for a home church when you move to Westlake Village?

Welcome to BF, and feel free to PM me with any questions !

East Hill
Forum Moderator