Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Ridey Thingies

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-16, 07:51 AM
Podagrower

Bikes: Giant Defy Composite, Spechialized Ruby (hers), Niner RLT9, Miyata 712, Condor ??

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
Ridey Thingies

Saturday, it was apparently a law in central Florida that if you owned a road bike, you were required to ride. I think everybody was out on the road. There's a group trying to start a business doing supported rides every month for a price, and Saturday was their free promo event, I think they had around 150 people signed up on Friday, and I'm sure more people stumbled in Saturday morning. I was leading a group ride that crossed paths with this group, there was another group ride that followed most of our route, and 2 other groups I saw, plus all the assorted solo riders. There were bikes everywhere.

A few random things. SPD pedals can last 500 miles after you break the pot metal surrounding the tension adjustment screw, but once those parts finally fall out, you have to work to keep the cleat hooked in on the upstroke. Check your cleat screws, one of mine decided to start backing out, somehow I caught it before it disappeared completely. And, I tried bibs for the first time this weekend and liked them. Aerotech Designs went above and beyond again, I asked them some size questions that were answered promptly and accurately.
Old 07-18-16, 06:27 PM
HIPCHIP
Lance Legweak

Bikes: Felt Z-70, GT RTS-2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
I knew a doctor who raced desert motorcycles. He sat and waited until everyone left the start, then he went. Said he wanted to ride and have the comfort of knowing someone was out there looking for every rider and that medical aid was close by, just in case. Sounds like this weekly SAG supported ride is very similar. If you don't ride with a club or group, this sounds like a great idea.

I prefer bibs to shorts. They don't squeeze my middle as much and I make sure I don't have a sunburn patch right at the bottom of my back. People been riding and racing for over 100 years. There's a reason they make stuff and it's so expensive....IT WORKS!!!