Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Sram eTap AXS battery level and Garmin

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 09-24-19, 03:00 PM
hrdknox1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 40 Posts

Anyone know if the Sram eTap battery level data field in a Garmin Edge computer works? My Garmin Edge 520 Plus always shows the eTap battery icon full (5 bars) regardless of how low the battery level is in the eTap. My eTap and Garmin are paired....and I know because the eTap battery icon in the Garmin has a question mark (?) until I shift gears, then it changes to 5 bars.
I contacted Garmin, and they are troubleshooting it. I thought perhaps someone on this forum may give me a quicker resolve.
Old 09-24-19, 06:24 PM
Ald1 

Bikes: Domane SLR 9 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 1978 Mercian

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts
If I recall, on my 1030, the battery level will go down but just before it's to full depletion. In other words, when it leaves 5 bars charge it ASAP.
Old 09-24-19, 06:57 PM
hrdknox1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Ald1
If I recall, on my 1030, the battery level will go down but just before it's to full depletion. In other words, when it leaves 5 bars charge it ASAP.
Thanks. If that's the way it's suppose to work then their software needs fixing to have the battery icon always display the current level.

I'll leave whatever response Garmin support gives me.....if and when they do.