Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

adapter/clamp for shimano 105 front derailleur (FD-1056) on a columbus aelle frame?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

adapter/clamp for shimano 105 front derailleur (FD-1056) on a columbus aelle frame?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-21, 04:01 AM
jnkbl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

hi,
i would need some advice (i´m trying to avoid any more mispurchases :/),

i will try to be as specific as possible:

what adapter/clamp would i need to mount a shimano 105 front derailleur (FD-1056) on a columbus aelle steel frame with no brace-ons or whatever on the seat tube...?

(links to amazon or any online bike shop would be much appreciated, mostly for the information/pictures there...)

thanks a lot in advance!
Old 02-15-21, 07:34 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
I have a frame with Aelle tubing. It measures 29.1mm with calipers. I do not know what you now have, but here are some options.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...2.m2749.l46251

I have one of the Omni 28.6 clamps and it is a good fit. If you have a clamp that is too big, a shim to reduce it to 28.6 should work.
Old 02-15-21, 08:12 AM
jnkbl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by delbiker1
I have a frame with Aelle tubing. It measures 29.1mm with calipers. I do not know what you now have, but here are some options.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...2.m2749.l46251

I have one of the Omni 28.6 clamps and it is a good fit. If you have a clamp that is too big, a shim to reduce it to 28.6 should work.
thanks!