Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Any photographers here?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Any photographers here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-12, 02:38 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by skreee
I may be a little late in offering my two cents, but as I usually don't know enough to offer any advice on this forum, and only ever ask questions, I hope I can finally offer some advice because photography is the only thing I can claim any real knowledge about...
Nice Canon and Tamron lens on it. My dad has been into photography for nearly 50 years now. He taught me to use film SLR's in the 80's and 90's with his old Nikon F3, F4, and full manual FM2. He's done various types of photography both as a hobby and professionally. He currently has a D300 which is a freaking awesome camera, compared to my lowly D70s. He did hand down to me one of his Tamron 28-105 f/2.8 35mm lenses, which I love and is what I used for those action shots I posted earlier (42-158 equivalent on the D70s with 1.5x crop factor as compared to full frame sensors). It's big and heavy but takes amazing shots.

For most rides I either just take my phone or I might take my little Canon SD400 ELPH that I purchased in 2005 just before a trip to Europe. It's the size of a credit card and 3/4" thick, but can take shots such as these with my pocket size tripod:

This one I got printed out large and is framed above our bed at home:
Old 10-22-12, 11:17 AM
Kurogashi
DessertS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I carry my Lowepro backpack when I feel like taking pictures with my Mk2. But if I'm not out and about for pictures, then "the best camera is the one that's with you" (Chase Jarvis) -- and that's often my iPhone.