Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

ROLL CALL -- Westminster Stop Swap and Save Feb 8th

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-15, 07:04 PM
robtown
Muscle bike design spec

Bikes: 70 Atala Record Proffesional, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, 76 Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 OutRiderUSA HyperLite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'm going and will share table #109 .

I will have some newer rims, jerseys, shoes, car rack, free stuff, and maybe flip flops and T shirts as S-1 insurance.
Old 02-04-15, 07:39 PM
brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 175 Posts
I'll be there. Spot #143 . Got some pretty nice bikes to move on to some lucky owners. And hopefully get a chance to do some shopping..

Here is the layout for the vendor spots.
https://www.stopswapandsave.com/EVENT_GUIDE_2015.pdf

Last edited by brandenjs; 02-04-15 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-04-15, 11:27 PM
Citoyen du Monde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
I'll be joining up with Robtown. I still haven't decided what I will be bringing to sell.
Old 02-05-15, 06:57 AM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 517 Times in 280 Posts
I'll be there with a couple friends, and a German city bike to sell.
Old 02-07-15, 03:23 PM
kingsting
Bicycle Repairman

Bikes: Many

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
I'll be there again!
Old 02-07-15, 04:50 PM
jgedwa
surly old man

Bikes: IRO Mark V, Karate Monkey half fat, Trek 620 IGH, Cannondale 26/24 MTB, Amp Research B3, and more.

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 18 Posts
Still not sure if I am going. I really do not need anything. But swaps are so much fun. Might set my alarm and see if I feel like dragging my butt out of bed early.

Jim
Old 02-09-15, 10:09 AM
turtletop

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This was second year, the line to get in about twice as long, though the weather was't as freezing. It seemed to me the number of bikes was up by about 50 per cent. To me the numbers are overwhelming. You have to really have a great patience. As last year some good deals on seats and tires and peadals. Was the men's bathroom really closed? That would have helped. There were so many people in line that pretty much as soon as you got in it was very busy. Price to sell a bike seemed to double to me ( $5 to $10). I didn't see any inexpensive (cheap) bikes, but didn't look too hard, couldn't hack it. Had to be some good deals ( all over the spectrum) I would think.
Old 02-09-15, 03:06 PM
jeirvine 

Bikes: '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '72 Gitane tandem, '72 Raleigh Super Course, '73 Raleigh Gran Sport, '73 Colnago Super, '76 Fiorelli Coppi, '78 Raleigh SBDU Team Pro, '78 Trek 930, '81 Holdsworth Special 650B, '86 Masi GC, ’94 Bridgestone RB-T

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked 517 Times in 280 Posts
This year I brought a bike to sell, and though it cost $10 to do so, and it didn't sell, it did get me to the front of the line.

The complete bikes were generally priced a little high for my tastes. But as usual, there were many great deals on components, and it was fun to look at $3000 Bertins in person. A couple Hetchins frames for sale too, though not in my size or price range.

I walked out with two cranksets, a pair of SL pedals, alloy headset, 1st gen Chorus RD, NOS Cinelli 64 bars, and a LF C-record / Campy Victory Strada tubular wheelset for under $150 all totaled. It was a good day.
Old 02-09-15, 04:32 PM
sykerocker 

Bikes: The keepers: 1958 Raleigh Lenton Grand Prix, 1968 Ranger, 1969 Magneet Sprint, 1971 Gitane Tour de France, 1973 Raleigh Tourist, 3 - 1986 Rossins, and a '77 PX-10 frame in process.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 129 Posts
Poguemahone and I doubled up as usual this year, sold a couple of small parts but not much. I figure it says something about having too much bike stuff when you can go to the largest swap meet on the east coast and not be able to spend $150.00. Most of my budget for the weekend went back into the bank machine on the way home. Big score for the day was a new Sturmey Archer 2-speed kickback hub for Maggie's folder. Biggest disappointment was not finding a whole lot of stuff for a couple of IGH Raleigh projects I'm working on.

Next year we'll be back, but this time Poguemahone managed to reserve us a table on the end of the line. Probably my biggest complaint I've always had about the show from a dealer's perspective is that it would be nice if the organizers could do an access space every so often in the table line. Even dealers have to hit the bathroom once in a while, and crawling under the tables is a bit of a pain at my age.

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

H.L. Mencken, (1926)

Old 02-09-15, 07:41 PM
brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 432 Times in 175 Posts
I did pretty well selling small parts, but the bikes were not moving at all. I only sold one out of 6. I had two nearly mint condition Motobecanes to sell at what I thought were low prices, and all I got were tire kickers with stories of how they had one when they were younger. In years past I would have barely had them unloaded before they were sold. I'm not upset to still have them though.
Old 02-10-15, 02:18 PM
LeicaLad 

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
Well, I "joined" Robtown and Citoyen du Monde at table 109, but I didn't bother bringing anything to sell. I think I spent most of my money at Wayne's table (Thank You, as always!). I was very grateful that the stunning Hetchins frame that he sold quite cheap was not my size. Larry Black grabbed it to add to the infamous Black Hole (from which nothing ever emerges!)

Otherwise, it was mostly walking around looking at stuff and socializing.

The C&V stuff was pretty modest.

Big turnout. Definitely a fun day.
* 1971 Gitane Super Corsa (crashed)
* rebuilt as upright cruiser
1971 Gitane Super Corsa #2 (sweet replacement)
1980 Ritchey Road Touring (The Grail Bike)
1982 Tom Ritchey Everest
(replacing stolen 1981 TR Everest custom)
1982 Tom Ritchey McKinley (touring pickup truck)
1985 ALAN Record (Glued & Screwed. A gift.)