Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Dinotte 400r daytime red quick release

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-18, 05:55 PM
The Big Wheel
Oooooooofffff SALESMAN!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

So I bought a used Dinotte 400r daytime red from the bay and it didn't come with any mount. I want to mount it on my bike and have a quick release so I can take it off when I park my bike. So I went to the Dinotte web site and ordered the following:

Quad Red/amber 300 /400 series, daytime clamp mount kits and Quad spare parts ? DiNotte Lighting USA Online Store

I bought the above kit and two quick release mounts.

But I can't figure out how to hook it up to my bike so I can actually use the quick release. What am I missing?
Old 10-27-18, 01:12 PM
metalheart44

Bikes: Holland Exogrid & Holland HC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

ummm... so you get that the different clamps are for different size seat posts, seatstays, etc... and the rubber pieces are to ensure you can tweak the sizing and have a secure attachment to whatever you mount. The piece with the two holes in it screws onto the clamps so that it is 90 degrees to the post on the clamp. This two hole piece them slides into the mounting "bracket" on the back of the 400/3400. You have to slightly pull the "bracket" forward to release the two hole mount post to release the light from the mounting post. That is the way it works on mine anyway....

Last edited by metalheart44; 10-27-18 at 02:00 PM.