Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Shimano 105 st-5700 blocks

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 04-21-21, 06:55 PM
Fourbtgait

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Has anyone used the various mm thickness shifter blocks?
If so, how much further back did the lever move? Such as, a 10 mm block move the lever low down 10mm or more?
Trying to decide if they will help for braking ability, specifically lost tip of index, middle and ring finger just above last joint. So not so easy to wrap my fingers around the left brake anymore.
thanks.

Last edited by Fourbtgait; 04-21-21 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-22-21, 08:09 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
I doubt many know about them. If you can find them, try them. Just make certain that they don't bottom out on the handlebars just in case something gives your hands superhuman strength. Like a Mac Truck running the intersection you are about to go through. <grin>

The SI shows that it comes with a 5mm by default. If yours still has that, the 10 is only going to move them back 5 more mm.

https://si.shimano.com/api/publish/s...-5703-3029.pdf
Likes For Iride01:
Old 04-22-21, 06:48 PM
Fourbtgait

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
I doubt many know about them. If you can find them, try them. Just make certain that they don't bottom out on the handlebars just in case something gives your hands superhuman strength. Like a Mac Truck running the intersection you are about to go through. <grin>

The SI shows that it comes with a 5mm by default. If yours still has that, the 10 is only going to move them back 5 more mm.

https://si.shimano.com/api/publish/s...-5703-3029.pdf
Thanks. I doubted many would, but you gave me more than countless searches. Especially the diagram. I also had not realized stock was 5 mm so only another gain of 5mm. But your information was enough I will order one and see.
Old 06-06-21, 05:17 PM
Fourbtgait

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks. The extra 5mm worked good.
Likes For Fourbtgait: